ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knock, growling and a squeak

Mk1 Phase3 1.4 RT
Hi people, when turning left quite hard I gets a growling sound coming from drivers side front wheel but only when the clutch is engaged, pretty sure its the driveshaft, any thoughts? sounds like a loud rubbing/growling noise and theres no rub marks on the tire.

Now for the knock, coming from the same place and turning the same way, only started doing it when I fitted lowering springs, could it be because ive got standard shocks? doesnt happen on the other side though?

Right the squeak happens when I tap the accelerator when the engines ticking over, squeaky engine mount? Any advice is appreciated, Thanks

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
I had a recent problem when i was turning, sounds similar to your 1st complaint, turned out i needed both drive shafts replacing and 2 new cv boots, lets hope its not that for you tho as it didnt come cheap >:

Mk1 Phase3 1.4 RT
Yeah ive had pretty much everything replaced except the driveshafts, my brothers a mechanic so all I have to do is pay for the parts and wash his car in return lol its a pretty sweet deal, hes the south central mechanic on the 106 owners, he knows a 106 like the back of his hand, but shady when it comes to my clio :(