ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock Knock

RenaultSport clio 172
Ok heres a strange one. About 400 miles ago I had the timing and aux belt changed on my 172. The car runs great.....except for a prominent knocking noise that is coming from the drivers side area of the engine bay, or in the area around the front drivers wheel arch. Strange thing is it doesnt start straight away. It tends to start after the car has been sitting idle for about 30 to 40 seconds (hot or cold), and increases in tempo as I slowly rev the engine. If I give it a blast in neutral to about 3000 rpm, it goes, only to come back about 20 seconds later. Im going to take it back to the garage, but to be honest I dont have much faith in them. Any one got any ideas about this one?

RenaultSport clio 172
buggerit jons off line, well I reckon he may have been onto something as he asked me a question on something I forgot to mension, ie the auxillary belt tensioner, anyone got any clues?