ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knock sensor location?

a thirsty one
holla,

need to change my knock sensor on a 182 could someone point me in the right direction of its location and any tips needed.

thanks very much

john

clio rs 2000
this is k4m engine but it is in the same place on f4r's
while you have changing it the left of it ther is a joint arm
firstly take of it because you cant use the tool to turn the knock sensor
the joint is so near

6motorlaguna2.jpg

may I know what happen, why u need to change it??
Mine was broken before (have no idea why, the plastic brown area broke). I fitted a new one afterward. But still runs fine without the wire connected....

a thirsty one
at a rr and peak power just dropped off a little early compared to previous runs, the engineer thinks it maybe the knock sensor getting lazy and starting to feed a signal to the ecu. the afr was spot on all the way through the range but torque dropped off a little early than he expected and top bhp was down. the emissions light came on during my trip hom so going to change it then reset the code. it was on £27 so nothing lost by changing it.

a thirsty one
ps the rr engineer chap has extenisve knowledge of the rs lump and in racing applications and was speculating the knock sensor maybe starting to fail at high rpm the car did about 20 runs in total and he thinks this could be the cause.

clio rs 2000
if you take off knock sensor the engine became more agresive
this sensor reads the detonation from engine and lowers the power for security
i have a wimmer chip tuhing file and the knock sensor is disabled to reach more power

172 with k-tec sound
so can u just simply unclip the knock sensor cable then or does the whole thing have to be removed, also does removing it bring the emissions light on , cheers

ITB'd MK1
if you take off knock sensor the engine became more agresive
this sensor reads the detonation from engine and lowers the power for security
i have a wimmer chip tuhing file and the knock sensor is disabled to reach more power

if the knock sensor is limiting power, you have an issue with detonation. Unplugging the sensor just means you're engine is going to get damaged. I'd imagine the problem you have is down to air temp and fuel quality

2005 Nissan Navara
If you have done lots of power runs, it could be a build up of carbon monoxide in the dyno cell/room robbing power, or as Dan says increased intake temps (maybe down to the same reason--alot of heat soak after lots of runs).

a thirsty one
i did 12 in the am then an hour or two break while did other things then about 8 in ther afternoon.

in the AM used optimax fuel, PM used tesco 99 ron, car has k+n few other bits and bobs tbh and recent oil change and is on 43k.

the runs actually started about 168bhp and gained for the next few and when the runs balanced out then started to drop due to heat we paused for a break.

air temp was pok but very humid, fuel was always super as per the map i changed the knock sensor today and fault coded it, showed lambda sensor.

car feels really strong though and pulls well. oh well, french cars ftw.