ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knock sensor?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Plugged in rs tuner for the first time and it comes up with knock sensor code. Also used my trust obii code reader which raised same code. No engine light.

Is it simply the sensor or could it be something else which sets sensor off?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Idles a bit lumpy, feels like it's holding back occasionally, if i put my foot down in 3rd from 30mph when it hits 4k it holds back for a sec than goes. Only does this in 3rd from 30mph on wards. I was thinking lamda.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Plugs, dephaser, belts, all service items done approx 1k ago.

PH2 172
Plugged in rs tuner for the first time and it comes up with knock sensor code. Also used my trust obii code reader which raised same code. No engine light.

Is it simply the sensor or could it be something else which sets sensor off?

Knock sensor brown plug, white wire to pin 72 of 90 pin ECU plug, red wire to pin 12, if you want to check continuity.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
At a pure guess.

Timing (who did the belts?)
Injectors.
Lambda.

R sport did the belts so I can assume this is all OK as that's all they do, renaults. I'll change the lambda as it's easy and tbh might aswell due to age of car. If no good I will get Rentech to have a look rather then chase.

PH2 172
R sport did the belts so I can assume this is all OK as that's all they do, renaults. I'll change the lambda as it's easy and tbh might aswell due to age of car. If no good I will get Rentech to have a look rather then chase.

Which car is this anyway?

EVO 4 GSR

Did you find the fault? I'm experiencing the exact same symptoms as you, car holding back etc...