ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knockin noise. . . .from the boot??

its not the spare wheel/jack kit/something in the spare wheel well, its not the plastic on the boot lid. . . . . any ideas??

it sounds like its coming from the passengers side so maybe the exhaust but its not a rattling, just when i go over an uneven surface its like . . . . a wire tapping the metal or something along those lines. sorry i cant be more precise

jamie

Civic Type-R
Might be the boot lock, check if there is any play in it. Its normally the part that is attached to the car not the boot.

CB600FS
Definately a knocking not the plastic trim that covers the tailgate?

Check your rear springs mate they're common for snapping, can feel it all the way top to bottom, they can crack but at a first glance look okay. Check your shock aswell.

check for prostitutes in the boot ....

haha lol

i really dont wanna have to take it to the stealers since it is out of warranty and so they will charge me 50 odd quid to just look at it :S

ill look into the things that have been suggested.

thanks guys

jamie

172 MKII FF
check for prostitutes in the boot ....

haha lol

i really dont wanna have to take it to the stealers since it is out of warranty and so they will charge me 50 odd quid to just look at it :S

ill look into the things that have been suggested.

thanks guys

jamie

Did you manage to find out what this was? My car went in for a new radiator last week and there seems to be a on and off knocking noise coming from the rear passenger side of the car. It's only when I seem to go over smallish bumps. Doesn't do it when I go over large bumps.

172 MKII FF
Me too, plus I have new rear shocks and springs. I wonder if its the exhaust.

Mine doesn't sound like the exhaust. I've had loads of problems with knocking noises on my newly fitted k-tec so i kind of know every noise. When I start my car the noise seems to come from the passenger side door card. I checked it and it does seem loose.

172 MKII FF
Well my noise turned out to be the exhaust. Didn't think it could have been the exhaust because it didn't sound like a metal knock. I adjusted it last week because I was getting a rattle somewhere and I haven't heard the knock since.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
my exhaust was hitting the rear axle! took me ages to find out want it was:rolleyes:

just needed adusting and it was fine:D

Black 182
My rear spoiler makes a rattling noise could be that, not worked out how to stop it yet. Racer - stu mentioned the boot lock, the metal bit that catches the boot lid is wobbly on my car is this normal? I,ve tried tightening the star screw that holds it but it's dead tight already. . . .

Breaking A 172 Replica
Check the boot lock, the bit that you adjusted on my car?

Also check the rear seats are clicked into place properly.

Sam

I've got some on Batman lol but they are on 2cm long :( came with my wii lol to stick the sensor down to the top/bottom of my TV.

80MPG BEEZA
I've got some on Batman lol but they are on 2cm long :( came with my wii lol to stick the sensor down to the top/bottom of my TV.

i can do you some nice thick stuff which you can cut down to your own thickness both full length of each side £5 inc postage and also a section for manual sunroof if you suffer from creaking sunroof at any time

i can do you some nice thick stuff which you can cut down to your own thickness both full length of each side £5 inc postage and also a section for manual sunroof if you suffer from creaking sunroof at any time

Love You. Where do I send the £5 to????

I hate my Sunroof.