ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking and clunking noise's when ful throttle?

172 cup
I have had this problem on my 172 cup for a few months now, i have taken it to many garages and no one seems to know what it is? The problem is, if i go full throttle in any gear as soon as it goes past 4500 rpm i get noise's coming from the front right of the car.Yet if i roll past 4500rpm at half throttle it wont do it, i was just wondering if anyone else has had a simular problem?

Cheers

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
^that or the top engine mount. Read my recent thread about vibrating issues to help you diagnose it.

172 cup
I also thought top engine mounts, i have replaced those and the nosie is still there, i shull check the exhaust manifold against the subframe to see if it is that.

Cheers

172 Cup
I also thought top engine mounts, i have replaced those and the nosie is still there, i shull check the exhaust manifold against the subframe to see if it is that.

Cheers
It will be the manifold flange clattering against the sub frame, you could try pulling the engine as far forward as the engine mount holes allow and then tightening. Do the easy end first, you may be lucky, I wasn't so I raised the large mount with 6mm spacers and I've not had a single knock since :D