ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/Creaking Noise

182FF c/w Recaros
Started getting some noises from underneath my car a few weeks ago.

Getting it more and more now.

Happens whne I pull off from stationery (be it fast or slow) and more pronounced on bumpy road surfaces.

Annoyingly, I can't yet tell whether it's coming from up front or behind.:S

Might be some part of the exhaust is loose and banging against the undeneath of the car somewhere?

I'll be ringing the local stealers up next week to get it booked in as there's clearly something not right. Just wish I could pinpoint it a bit more before hand.

Will be having a look and feel underneath the car tomorrow morning/afternoon, see if anythings loose:S

Anything prone to going/coming loose on these?

Being a Renault, guess it could be a million things:rolleyes:

182FF c/w Recaros
Hmm. I think that is coming loose but thats another issue lol.

When I was revving my engine the other day, when you snap off the throttle and as the revs fall back, there was a vibrating metalic sound.

I think Nez (was at a RS/CS meet) had a look under and confirmed it was this.

Had another look under the car today but couldn't find anything loose.

I even tried taking my Dad round the corner and back but it didn't make a sound.

Every time it's done it, the car has been running for a significant amount of time, therefore everything is probably very hot underneath. It's also 90% on pull off from a start as well.

I'm going to have to leave it a while to see if it gets worse as if I take it to the local stealer now, 99% they won't find anything:rolleyes:

Thank's for the post anyway.