ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise and peoples thoughts please.

Gregs79

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
Hi all,

I seem to have a knocking noise at the front near side of my car over small ripples in the road (which the offside glides over) and small bumps on tight left hand bends when the load is on the offside, the same also seems to happen going over drain covers. It is disconcerting to say the least I have taken both front wheels off but not really found anything, that said I am not sure what I am looking for! So can anyone recommend anywhere I can take the car to have it looked at to diagnose the problem? Any 182 owners local who might know themselves?

P.S. Shocks are being serviced next week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and are there any guides for changing ball joints / lower arms? (which I suspect it could be looking at other posts)

Thanks in advance.

Gregs

Bus w**ker
A location might help people recommend someone/where local...lol. ;)

If there is an official CS guide you'd need to become a member to get access to that section of the forum, but off the top of my head I don't think that there is.

Clio 172 Cup
is it not the top suspension struts problem? Usually knocking occurs during tight / full-lock cornering over bumpy ground.