ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise at slow speed

clio sport 182
Hi all I wonder if someone can help my 05 plate 182 has a wierd noise at slow speed, slowing down from 15 mph it sounds like I got a loose wheel but I've checked them all and they are tight also checked driveshafts and they seem fine any ideas please

Clio 182 FF
if your in first gear for instance, and put your foot down (little amount) then lift off and here a clonking sound you may have had the same issue as me?

If so I will let you know what it is!

Check the dog bone mount under the car (gearbox stabiliser might be an easier way to describe it), then the upper gearbox mount under the battery and also the engine mount, but at low speed it could possibly be something suspension related.

clio sport 182
Noise has got worse and it's coming from the rear I've taken the back end to pieces today bearings caliper and carrier off and checked them wound calipers back put every thing back together and it's still doing it any ideas peeps please

Clio 182 FF
A lose calliper could, I suppose!

you've obviously done the things like, jacking the car up give the wheels a spin, try moving them in all directions? also see if the exhaust is moving and banging, I had an issue with the heat shield being knocked by my exhaust what then was hitting the underneath of my boot.

clio sport 182
Sorted it today fitted new complete discs a few weeks ago and one of them was faulty and not running true thanks all for your help peeps