ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise on acceleration

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
Hi,

Under hard acceleration my 182 makes a hard knocking sound, ive tightened everything and it seems ok, replaced ball joints and steering arms and rod ends. wishbone bushings seem fine but still no joy?

was thinking maybe strut top mounts or upper gearbox mount but havnt went that far into it yet to see!

Any help would be greatly appreciated??

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds like shagged engine mounts to me. Banging will probably be your manifold bashing on the heat shield due to excessive engine movement.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
what it like when you turn tightly?
It seems fine, i know my drivers side top mount is f**kd, it squeaks n bangs on full lock n movin slowly, some times feels like the car lifts a bit on full lock but not very often i notice that tho.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
i get the same problem just not as often but saying that, it is gettin worse! just knocks when i go over a bump or pothole, also when i turn the wheel slightly, there it is again, *knock* lol

Ph2 172
Mine is doing this... it kind off knocks under hard gas :p im sure its the front suspension top mount bushes.. as when ive had it on the ramp at work there is soo much play in them