ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise on the front

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
After replacing most of the components on the front I still have this knocking noise , today I fitted some pure Motorsport solid top mounts and it still bangs and knocks ... My struts are in good condition and have replaced track rods/ ball joints about 6months ago .. Am now thinking could the anti roll bar be hitting the lower arms as it sits quite low? Can any shed some light here for me pls

ur megane r26
Is it only on full lock? I have to think quite hard not had a clio for a while but I and most others had a knocking on full lock when moving slowly, the fix to this is the same as what the clio v6 uses and thats a washers underneath the top mount, dont know why it fixes it just did maybe someone could help clear this up a little more maybe? Plus very cheap to maybe fix the problem?

Alex

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Na, all the time over bumps .. I've put solid top mounts on so no need for washers.. The only thing I haven't done is Arb bushes both chassis/ outer and wishbone bushes,,, do I go Uprated or standard?

RS6 C7
Solid top mounts tend to make a knocking noise anyway which sounds similar to the noise you get from when the top struts hit the bodywork below (what you need washers for)

Mine knocks like a b**ch with AST's...

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
I just don't see how it can knock like f#%k when I've replaced a load of bits lol... Fackin French..:)

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Think I've found it... The anti rollbar looked like it had been hitting in the subframe ,, I found sum clash marks on the bar and the subframe,,so I found an old aux belt and have cut sum peices of rubber to put between them ... Il update after a test drive