ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise please help!

I haven't started hearing a knocking noise from the front of the car sometimes when l change gears just as I drop the clutch or if I sit in gear and keep coming on and off of the power, I think it might be a engine or gearbox mount problem, does anyone have any suggestions would be great. Thanks

How do you check this? The person before me had fitted solid mounts I think do they normally go like that?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
How do you check this? The person before me had fitted solid mounts I think do they normally go like that?
Well firstly, shake the engine block. You can normally tell if there is excessive movement or not. It of course should move slightly.

I tried that and I could barley get it to move it is proper solid, there are two mounts on top and then is there just one on the gearbox?

I have just jacked it up and I can't see anything obvious, does any one recommend something else to try?

I have just taken it out for a drive again and it is doing it every time I let of the accelerator now and it sounds like it is coming from driver side of the engine. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Clio 172
I have just taken it out for a drive again and it is doing it every time I let of the accelerator now and it sounds like it is coming from driver side of the engine. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Hi. Was just wondering if you had sorted this problem as mine has started doing the same thing! Any advice would be grateful thanks

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Don't forget worn suspension tops can tap in the body while accelerating/ decelerating and a visual check rules it out in seconds..

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is doing the same. Need someone to have a look ay it as I cant see anything. I have checked all the things that it could be but I'm probably looking straight past it.
Anyone about today? Can drive a few miles to get somewhere.

Yeah I did sort it my drive shaft went, I got a recon one and its wasent that expensive hope that helps bud