ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise - Rear Brakes or Exhaust??

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I have got a bit of a knocking noise coming from the rear left corner. I know I have a rattling exhasut but this is a little different, or could it be an exhaust still?
Started the other weelk when I changed the rear discs and pads. I have put the anti-rattling retaining springs to the pads back on and they are still there. It doesn't always make a noise, about 80% of the time, but it is generally over bumpy ground.

I don't think it is suspension as it will sometimes do it on start up when the car shakes when it kicks into life.
When it is happening it can be stopped by applying the brakes and then release the pedal and it continues. Or it will just randomly stop and then carry on.
Brakes work fine so it is safe and not like a loose caliper!!

I know I need to sort my exhaust out as I think it has come away and there is a slight blowing noise, hard to tell from the inside when I have no interior and sound deadening!

annoyingly it is hard to check anything on my car where I live and can only really do work / jacking up / wheel removal when at my parents.