ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise :S

recently i have been hearing funny creaking sounds coming from my car. The noise only happens at slow speeds. i thought at first it was the power steering or steering rack just creacking like they do sometimes but in the last two days it has started doing it when i set off and break. It is getting louder and i thing the noise is coming from the front right of the car.

from my vague knoldge of cars i think it could be the shock or possibly (but less likely ) the wheel bearing.

if anyone has had the same problem or may know what is wrong please let me know.

Thanks

PH1 V6
top mounts, cv joint, shock... could be alot of things to be honest. Best thing to do would be to have a look under the car and have a good feel around.

is it more obvious when turning or in a straight line, or over bumps etc?

well as soon as i go above 10 miles an hour i cant hear it. it may just be that it is covered by the exhaust noise though. lets say that it is louder then accelarating and breaking than when turning the wheel. but this may be because there is less force being exerted on it.

my other though was the top mount, ill have a good look when its light tomorrow.

hope its not the cv joint because that is a pain to change. im just homping that the top mount has loosened itself or that the shock has gone, that'll be easy to fix.