ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking noise when turning

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks my car has started making a knocking noise when I'm turning a corner. It only does it when the steering wheel is slightly turned, say just under a quarter of a turn. Any more than that and it stops or when returning to straight line it stops. It does it whether I'm turning left or right. The knocking is relevant to the speed of the car, so the faster I'm going the faster the knocking.

I did have a coming together with a kerb and hedgerow a couple of months ago which resulted in a new wishbone and bottom ball joint being fitted, however it was fine at first. The knocking is becoming progressively louder as the last couple of weeks has gone on.

I did a thorough search on here before posting and a lot of people in other posts said about knocking under acceleration. I've not really noticed if its doing it all the time or just when accelerating but will check that on my way home from work.

Its going in to the garage who carried out my accident repairs on Friday who are going to take a look but thought I'd ask on here in the meantime.

Its a Mk2 Ph1 1.4 8v

Thanks in advance,

Graeme

Graeme1978 said:
I did a thorough search on here before posting and a lot of people in other posts said about knocking under acceleration. I've not really noticed if its doing it all the time or just when accelerating but will check that on my way home from work.

Checked whilst driving home and it only does it whilst accelerating. If its doing it and I take my foot off the accelerator then the knocking stops.