ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking on lift off and scuffing sound from front corner

The first time I noticed it was whenever I took my foot off the accelerator (still in gear) I heard a knocking. This repeated every time I took my foot off the accelerator. Since then it only does it occasionally.

Also, I have a scuffing sound from the front drivers side which can't be heard unless the window is down. The scuffing sound speeds up and slows down with the speed of the car. If I didn't have the knocking as well as the scuffing, I'd say this one would be a wheel bearing.

With there being both the knocking and scuffing could the noises be related? I'm thinking driveshaft but would the driveshaft create a scuffing sound if it's on the way out?

Thanks

Mark

Renault Clio182 bean
Check in the wheel arch to make sure the liner isn't rubbing on the tyre, or anything else for that matter, regarding the knocking, if you stab the throttle when driving does it knock every time?

Arctic Blue 182
Engine mount? Mine had a rubbing sound which was the aux belt when the engine had tipped back rubbing on something.