ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking/Rattling when slowing down from high Speeds...

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Hi.

As the title states, i am experiencing a knocking/rattle from the passenger side front wheel area. This only occurs when i have travelled a distance at high speed, for example the motorway. It starts when i am slowing down, and then continues at random times until i have stopped and the car is cooled down. At this point it happens on bumps etc.

Any advice would be a great help, cheers!

(oh and by the way, i did search, but couldn't find anyone experiencing it when slowing down as above.

:D

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
FIXED :D
took it to my local garage where i've taken every car iv ever owned. they had it most of the day, took it out to listen to the noise and fixed it. got there to pick it up and they told me it was on the house!
really pleased, not to mention the end of the annoying rattle!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
yes mate, sorry forgot to include that.
it was my exhaust. quite difficult to tell where it was coming from to be honest, i just knew it was to the left of the driver.
it was sitting a tad high, so they repositioned it.
the reason it took so long is that it only happens when the car has been running a while, so they needed to give it a blast down the motorway. just so happened that it was caused by the usual movement of the exhaust in heat.

anyhow...repositioned and sorted :)

oh, and i reccomend the garage to anyone who is local. it's Horbury garage (based in Horbury as you would expect).
i've never had a problem with them in 4 years of driving with 4 cars. always honest and trustworthy!