ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking sound

clio 182
Hi all :)

Need a little bit if help, today my 182 developed quite a loud knocking noise when I wobble the sterring wheel, u can hear it from outside the car, I only have to wobble the steering wheel to hear it, if I full lock it or even make the wheels move I dont hear it. Anybody shed some light in this?
Cheers
Matt

clio 182
Unable to take a video atm as my phone wont allow me to take a vid, will take one tomorrow in mates phone, just had the car in the air and if I slowly rotate the wheel fowards or backwards the first initial movement there is a knock, its not constant though as in if you spin the wheel fastit will only do it once, the slightest movement on the steering wheel you can hear it to, its only on passenger side. Anyone help?

clio 182
Hmm this was my thought, the previous owner had track rod and ends, maybe just ends cant remember about 2 3 years if I remember correctly, will go thru the history again tomorrow, even if 3 years old track rods and ends shouldnt go in that time should they?