ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Sound

2001 1.2 Clio
Hello,

I was driving in heavy rain earlier today when the car in front slammed his brakes on so I did the same but I was skidding towards him and only narrowly avoided crashing into him by bouncing up over the kerb and skidding along the grass at the side of a duel carriageway.

Upon first look everything seemed fine at the side of a road but when I turn corners especially left, I car hear a knocking sound.

Any ideas people ?

Thanks

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Jack it up and get the weight off the wheel and give it a proper look. Hitting a kerb with any force at all can cause a suprising amount of damage. You might be lucky and have just damage a ball joint or Bush.

Also be prepared to get flamed for driving too close or not paying attention. This is CS after all.

I've only hit a kerb once in the works van thanks to a moron on his mobile phone who came round a blind bend half on my side of the road. Killed the wheel but luckily after a geometry check that was the only issue.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Well that didn't take long!

My cousin did a similar thing and he is a sensible kid I've been in the car with him but he learned to drive in a brand new car and then got into a mk3 fiesta which was all he can afford and knows nothing about cars. I said did your instructor not talk to you about older cars and them possibly taking longer to stop and the likely abscence of any driver aids.

It's not always so cut and dry.

Let's give them a break and not instantly go off topic for a change

Last edited: