ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking Sunroof

RS Meg 175
:mad:
Bloody thing is driving me insane!!
it sounds like the aerial hitting the glass of the sunroof but its not!
I know alot of people have had this trouble but how the hell do you solve it??! lol

Cheers guys :)

A Fcukin Car
Mine is doing the exact same thing and it drives me mad, I have to have my music up even louder to drowned it out.

RS Meg 175
thats what ive resorted to!!! lmao
Is there any common known method to stop the mo'fo tapping?
stupid french design lol

A Fcukin Car
Matta_88 said:
thats what ive resorted to!!! lmao
Is there any common known method to stop the mo'fo tapping?
stupid french design lol

I got told to put some WD40 on the hinge thingy and it did absolutly jack sh*t!!!

80MPG BEEZA
if you look were the window closes down onto there like a bit of material that the window closes down onto go grab ur mams scourer and rip a big lump of foam off put it onto top of this as your closing the sun roof and wallah silence :) hope this helps - if u wanna use the sun roof glue the foam down

BMW M135i
Tigger said:
Will that work for the electric sunroof too?
Doubt it because the foam is just pinching tighter it so it doesn't rattle, I had a piece of petrol pipe in mine to stop it from rattling but it never stopped it after a while. I had the entire sunroof replaced under warrenty and that stopped it though i'm scared to use it incase it starts rattling again.

BG 182
i have gt this problem but my stupid m8 broke the clip to open it so it doesnt stay open any more and reanult quoted me over 200 quid b*****d's

BG 182
Batman said:
go to a scrappy and just buy yourself a sunroof from there its simple really

I did and they wouldnt sell me just the sunroof cus he said noone would buy the rest of the roof, he said the only way i could have it was to buy the whole roof.:mad:

Monaco Blue Mk2
^PMSL! I would imagine someone is more likely to buy a whole shell without a sunroof that could be easily replaced, rather than buying one without a whole roof!

80MPG BEEZA
lol how the hell would you buy the roof? yea 2 mns i'll go get an angle grinder try another scrappy or contact matt black and just get another sunroof! mines all good at the mo :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Renault are aware of this problem and they have done a repair kit - contact your local dealer and give them your reg. There are 2 kits...a stage 1 and a stage 2 in case the 1st one doesnt work.

REF ; tech note 0833A

Part numbers for repair kits 8200355724 & 8200355725

A Fcukin Car
MATT BLACK said:
Renault are aware of this problem and they have done a repair kit - contact your local dealer and give them your reg. There are 2 kits...a stage 1 and a stage 2 in case the 1st one doesnt work.

REF ; tech note 0833A

My car is still under warranty, can I get this free??

"Navy" N17 TWO
How recent are these packs?

I got an "anti rattle kit" fitted to the sunroof last October and since then they told me Renault haven't found a cure :S

"Navy" N17 TWO
Tigger said:
How recent are these packs?

I got an "anti rattle kit" fitted to the sunroof last October and since then they told me Renault haven't found a cure :S

:bump:

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just checked out those part numbers and both have already been fitted to my car :rolleyes:

My theory about the roof flexing must be right then, have to find a cure for it somehow :evil:

Tigger said:
Just checked out those part numbers and both have already been fitted to my car :rolleyes:

My theory about the roof flexing must be right then, have to find a cure for it somehow :evil:
Just learn to live with it mine had all the mods don to it and it never fixed it.

Only true fix is a new sunroofless roof or keep swopping cars till you find one which doesn't as ones which don't rattle never seem to rattle.

MATT BLACK said:

REF ; tech note 0833A

I orded the second part number from reno today as they said that I already had the first part number fitted. However, when the part came it turns out its for an electric sunroof! I have a pop-up.