ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni vs Spax vs KTR coilovers

ClioSport Blue Edition 17
Hello, i'm from Mexico, and i want a coilovers for my 172-182, now i have installed a koni with eibach pro.
I use my car for daily and Track days.

wich is better?

SPAX coilovers:
rsx-kit.jpg

Koni with eibach pro:
koni_kit.jpg
eibach_pro_springs.jpg

or

K-Tec Coilovers:
KTR_COILOVERS172.jpg

This is my car:
http://www.youtube.com/user/luisvillarruel

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i have the koni and pro combo

i love it

adjust from soft to hard - works good on the track also

Charged Superleggera
i would probably stick with your current set up. i had prolines on standard shocks and i was very happy with them so with konin's it will be even better. if your looking to lower the car more i would go with spax.

Wouldn't touch Spax with the proverbial. Sounds like you've got the best pick of the bunch with what you have already.

Phil

ok, and what do you think of FK coilovers, they have koni inserts so, i think they are great for track use, is that right?

Luis

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Wouldn't touch Spax with the proverbial. Sounds like you've got the best pick of the bunch with what you have already.

Phil

Why not?

i have exact same type as those on mine just i have the adjustable dampers ones, and theve been superb, no problems atall and its coming to 2years since iv had them...

I guess the ones I've tried on other vehicles have been truly horrendous, and that's not considering that the front/rear spring bias was completely wrong as well. I'm guessing you didn't get specs on spring rates in the kit, nor recommended damper settings?

Spax/GAX/AVO etc are much of a muchness. Same damper with one different shim that is made for mass-market production. At least Koni actually do some R&D and know how to design damping curves.

Phil

tiTTy & SV650
I have koni and eibach sportlines on mine, at the softest it's a bit harsh on the poor road surfaces so round towards the firmest settings I imagine they'd be good on track.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The spec of our kit is very similar to that of the FK kit and the KW V1.

I hope this helps and the fact we had to have 100 kits made means we are able to offer them at such a good price. If we were to only order 10 sets at a time the price would be closer to £500 for the kit.

David.

Thanks everyone for your answers!!

Ok David, so you are saying that KTR coilovers are great for road and track use, and do you know the shipping costo to Mexico City, postal code 04870.
i'm from clio club mexico, do you have discount?!

Luis

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Thanks everyone for your answers!!

Ok David, so you are saying that KTR coilovers are great for road and track use, and do you know the shipping costo to Mexico City, postal code 04870.
i'm from clio club mexico, do you have discount?!

Luis

As a Club member you will get a 5% discount making the total for the kit £384 (GBP) including the shipping to Mexico.

David.