ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Carbon bonnet Relaquering

Dodgy one
Has anyone had one done and did it look ok once done? I've just been onto a well known company about it and mentioned the brand and they seem to think it could possibly be the Gel coat lifting!

So if youve had yours done how did it come out, I'm interested to know as i have one to do otherwise i'm just painting it!

Evo 5 RS
the gel coat did fail on some earlier mk2 ph2 ones iirc.

It's a very uneven coat on the best of them and the finish is utterly shite if I'm being honest. I've brought it down nearest I can and lacquered the skin and it looks much better.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
I had this problem ordered a brand new one from a guy off here I asked if it was lacquered to which i was told yes, turned out it was not, my guy who does my bodywork for me pulled a face at it but said he would have a go, when finished the gel coat silicone content reacted with the lacquer and caused what s know as fish eye, looked a mess! He is going to have a go with a product call dolfin glaze?