ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Custom Map

Cup 172
Hi All,

if i was to go to Ktec and ask them to map my car with the "pops and bangs" or overfuel slightly would they know what i mean or would i get laughed at? haha

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Why not just do it yourself with an RS Tuner? (if you really must have pops and bangs :s) Save yourself a mission down south.

Cup 172
ive read abit about these but whats the deal when someone sell's one do i need to go on the website and buy a license or something?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yeah £50 licence and £20 map file. Then you can sell the unit itself on (or keep it for diagnostics)

182, 6r GTi
a generic map dosent work great on all cars i had a pops and bangs map, got it mapped at k-tec and gained 12hp and 13lbft torque

Cup 172
so would you recommend going Ktec as appose to doing it myself (not bothered about it costing more if it gets done properly)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Not much. If a mong like me can do it, you'll be fine! Just don't skimp and use other people's maps they might give you, £20 saving is just not worth the risk so buy your own off the site. Be patient, backup your standard ECU settings first and do some searches on here would be my advise. You'll need a later version module to do the pops and bangs thing.

Cup 172
haha oh i assure you Danith if anyone could f**k something up it will be me :p - thanks for the advice though ill have a look through the forums and see what i can gather

182, 6r GTi
so would you recommend going Ktec as appose to doing it myself (not bothered about it costing more if it gets done properly)

depends what your looking for as a result, performance or just the pops and bangs, the map i got from them is brill car pulls allot harder than the jms map and throughout the whole rev range.

Cup 172
its hard to explain what i want really i want a performance gain but like hearing the occasional pop changing gear etc

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It's easy to do, Andy's got it down to a pretty fine art of putting in a bit of a crackle rather than having a full on artillery going off. Just ask for what you want doing

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There was a guy at the llandow day with the pops and bangs.

It wasn't pops and bangs. Just one loud bang and it was mental.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
There was a guy at the llandow day with the pops and bangs.

It wasn't pops and bangs. Just one loud bang and it was mental.

I've done quite a lot of remaps recently to take the pops and bangs off. They're never very subtle IMO. I quite like a little something going on, but only when i provoke it to happen

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I agree. I'd like a bit of noise coming out but one bang like a shotgun seems a bit daft imo.

Cup 172
yeah i think its stupid when it sounds like a cannons gone off just a nice "crackle" as you put it dan when changing gear etc

Astra H vxr
I've got a piper on my 182 and I love it when I first get in the car for the first 2mins of driving up the road and slow down to get out my area it gives a lovely popping noise with a lil bang and that's about doing 10mph which I love after 2mins of driving it then doesn't do it lil :( oviously due to engine and exhaust warming up, would love it to have a little pop and bang when it's warm but wouldn't want to have the pops and bangs map and imagine it could get annoying maybe banging and popping most of the time , but must only bang over a certain revs like 4-5k ? That's about right ? Or not don't no anything about them but I would love my car to pop and have a occasion bang when you give it abit of throttle, can you get a map to make the car pop more but not to the extreme of every time you let of it bangs lol, I saw a YouTube video of one and it just popped all the way down the road once he let of he's throttle , bit to extreme IMO

Cup 172
yeah deffo to extreme like i said i prefer it during a gear change - my exhaust makes one hell of a bang on a cold start in the morning but after 20 seconds it stops lol