ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec de cat

2002 clio 172
How hard is it to fit a ktec de cat pipe on a 2002 172? Just had car in garage and he's telling me it'll take a few hours? Said rest of exhaust is easy but removing cat is tricky. is he having me on?

A SHED!
A 182 cat is easier but the 172 cat isn't exactly hard on a ramp. I changed mine in about 1.5 hours on my drive if that helps?

2002 clio 172
Sounds like he's trying to rip me off then. He had it up off the ground and started pointing at bolts telling me how difficult it will be. I'll take it somewhere else. Thanks.

2002 clio 172
Yeah he said 50/50 chance they'll break cos they've been on there forever. He also said rear wheel bearings can't be changed unless rear discs are changed too but I had one done at birchdown for about 40 quid and didn't need rear disc.

2002 clio 172
I charge 2 hours. Realistically for those that have been on there for a few years you'll spend an hour fighting the bolts that hold it on.
On a standard 172 like mine, is it worth pissing about with the cat or shall I just get the rest of the exhaust fitted and sell the cat pipe?