ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec + DTH ITBS + My Car = Happy Happy Happy.

DMS

A thirsty 172
By installing this kit do you have to lose the slam panel and bonet catch - having to go for aero catches??

Yes AFAIK.

Any updates on the trip computer and traction control with the gen90?

Still not available yet but I've been assured the firmware update to sort out the dash lights and other standard ECU functionality is on it's way. K-Tec have given me the cable already so once the update is out I'll attempt to apply it to both mine and John's cars.

Is this making the same kind of power and torque as the JMS set up?

Same ballpark and similar results, but as has already been mentioned all rolling roads are different.

ITB's look fantastic do they make the acceleration more neck snapping so to speak?

Not neck snapping no (you want boost for that ;-) ), but still a huge improvement. Power and torque are increased all over the rev range. Well worth the money IMO.

260% JCW
Would be good to have a shoot out between all kits, JMS RS2, ITB's, Super Charger, Turbo. In standard format, no crazy boost or other mods. Im stuck with which way to go and be able to maintain reliability, driveability ect ect whilst not spending a small fortune.

Clio 172
Thinking of getting one of these kits. Worried about Noise a bit at Bedford.... A few of my friends have been kicked off track at Bedford in 205's with ITB's

Anyone been to Bedford with the Ktec kit on?

any problems?

is the ECU all sorted now?

dont want any dash light problems if possible.

I run ITB's and have a Ktec Supersport exhaust and regularly make below 90 decibels when its checked by an MSA scrutineer.

Ph 1 172
Itb's do look fantastic the more I'm on here the more I want them, the noise is what sways me toasted them as well

182 Turbo Project
Would be good to have a shoot out between all kits, JMS RS2, ITB's, Super Charger, Turbo. In standard format, no crazy boost or other mods. Im stuck with which way to go and be able to maintain reliability, driveability ect ect whilst not spending a small fortune.

I would imagine it would be quite hard finding cars that all have the same standard bhp etc....unless you used the same car for each kit...

JMS for me :)

ITBs are louder. Our setup noise wise is effectively a set of ITBs, but with an airbox on similar to Burps race car - it creates the same noise, just muffled.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Could the single throttle body be mounted at the front of the JMS airbox, then the airbox extends outwards around it onto the jenvey manifold. Or is that crap airflow for cylinder 1 and 4 then? Plus there is space problems too i suppose.

Not quite sure what you are describing from your wording but if you are essentially suggesting to move the throttle onto the front of the plenum it's a perfectly viable design, except in the clio there is just simply not enough room unless you were to go back over the top.

Like this from autosport:

Autosport_10.jpg

But in the clio there is no room to do that and have any sort of runner length = no torque.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite sure what you are describing from your wording but if you are essentially suggesting to move the throttle onto the front of the plenum it's a perfectly viable design, except in the clio there is just simply not enough room unless you were to go back over the top.

Like this from autosport:

Autosport_10.jpg

But in the clio there is no room to do that and have any sort of runner length = no torque.

Thats exactly what I meant :)

But yeah, I did think about space, its tight with your kit as it is!