ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec pannel filter

03 RS clio 172 flameR
looking to buy as going to be getting most stuff from ktec.

anybody had one and care to advise. or just general option of ktec exept for expensive?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got an ITG but to be honest just get the K-Tec one you wont notice a difference lol possibly worth it if your mapping but £30 cud be spent better on petrol!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
ok thats cleared that up so im goin with Ktec (sorry ben)
just one more question, is Ktec a good make to choose for alot of other tuning products.
i.e. the 182 manifold if i cant get it cheeper, i kno the zorsts are good, but i mean the new solid strut tops and engine mount, and various other stuff?

A ANIMAL
ok thats cleared that up so im goin with Ktec (sorry ben)
just one more question, is Ktec a good make to choose for alot of other tuning products.
i.e. the 182 manifold if i cant get it cheeper, i kno the zorsts are good, but i mean the new solid strut tops and engine mount, and various other stuff?

Manifold is a waste of time - horrible job for very little advantage.

K-tec is all great stuff mate, they know what there doing and top notch guys to boot.

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
I ordered a ktec panel filter the other day, should arrive tomorrow hopefully! I've only got a very dirty old standard one in, so am sure i'll see some improvement!

03 RS clio 172 flameR
ktec are quoting that the 182 manifold is very very good, coupled with one of there decats and a ktec steath? could be good?

Bumder With A Buffer
I ordered a ktec panel filter the other day, should arrive tomorrow hopefully! I've only got a very dirty old standard one in, so am sure i'll see some improvement!

I got one of the K-tec ones when they were doing the special offer on here. Worth the monies IMO

ktec are quoting that the 182 manifold is very very good, coupled with one of there decats and a ktec steath? could be good?
They will do they sell them :) But for the sake of 5hp if that increase (If your lucky), its not worth the hassle of dropping the subframe etc.

If you were having a new sub frame put it, id put a 182 manifold in then, but i wouldnt go out of my way getting one fitted.

Just my opinion.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if you can fit the manfold yourself then its deffo worth the hastle, ive got a 182 manifold, k-tec decat and k-tec stealth and it pulls VERY well

not sure how much labour would be charged for fitting though, that would possibly not make it worth while!

ValverInBits
what are you people chattin about :rolleyes:

Manifold is a waste of time - horrible job for very little advantage.

K-tec is all great stuff mate, they know what there doing and top notch guys to boot.

Can't fault Ktec, But I havent got a clue why you think a 182 manifold is a waste of time. The job is big, but not that bad. Especially with a mate to help you. Great mod if you fancy giving it a crack yourself. My guide has helped a few.

I believe this is v simular to a Pipercross so it will be a great filter!
Fact is, the standard panel filter is highly unlikely to be resistictive. I can assure you, that unless your standard one is very dirty, you will notice no difference (if your honest).
The advantage of the ITG / generic performance foam filters is the fact they can be cleaned. That's it tbh.