ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec racing top mounts HELP ASAP

172 cup
shud there be alot or any thread above the nylock nut as we are fitting as i speak and there is no thread cumin through the nylock

pic
23072010040.gif

basically is this right

172 cup
only put them on an hour ago so havnt a clue ill let u no when ive tested them out

tigger cheers mate

clio 172 phase 1
Ivve jsut fitted the same top mont to my clio and ive got the same problem as you have! can any1 shed anylight? are they ment to be like this?

So the Nyloc is basically useless then ? Well with no thread going through the nylon you may as well have a full nut with a spring and flat on it ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They look bloody spiffing.

Think I'll be having the ktec ones.

As for your question, can you not wind it up any further? If not, and you've fitted everything correctly, then I see nothing wrong with it?

340i
seems pointless / or fitted incorrectly if you are not using the nylock section of the nut?!

Evo 5 RS
I've found the AST mounts have made the world of difference over the Rev.1 of these. Then again they were seized solid on the offside so it's not suprising. Not sure how different (if any) the new black ones are in design