ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Supersports stealth vs Ktec stealth whats the difference?

172 Cup
I would love to be able to afford a yozza sport system but I didn't expect my current standard system to fall off this morning and so I haven't budgeted for it and can't afford it so I'm looking at Ktec, what is the difference between the supersports stealth and the stealth? The website says the supersport is 2.5kg lighter than the stealth but the supersport is also £60 cheaper at £298.80??

The supersport is louder as well. If you are not bothered about the noise then go for the cheaper supersports option.

ph1 172
Best thing to do I would think is give them a call tomorrow and deal over the phone, that way you know that your getting your discount.

172 Cup
I read on their section of the forum that to get the discount you have to buy online, just can't find where you add the membership number!

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I read on their section of the forum that to get the discount you have to buy online, just can't find where you add the membership number!

Setup an account, it ask's you for details on that page :p

I've made one but for some reason the discount isnt working, might have to be over the phone.

Last edited:
  Clio 197
the supersports sound decent - i would definately choose that over the normal stealth (the price is a bonus too)

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Setup an account, it ask's you for details on that page :p

I've made one but for some reason the discount isnt working, might have to be over the phone.

Edit: Checking the traders page, it is calculated on your bill rather on the site which is strange.

Seat Ibiza
This silencer extra, is there much difference?

As I want a new exhaust but I don't want anything to loud, as I do a bit of motorway driving.

Anyone have a vids of these exhausts?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
if you do a lot of motorway driving DO NOT GET THE SUPERSPORT!! i have one on my ph1 172, its loud, and it drones really bad on the motorway, thankfully i only drive around town as it would drive me insane on long journeys.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
If you have any reservations about noise, always get the one with the centre silencer.
In fact, I would always get any exhaust for the Clio with a centre silencer!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
if you do a lot of motorway driving DO NOT GET THE SUPERSPORT!! i have one on my ph1 172, its loud, and it drones really bad on the motorway, thankfully i only drive around town as it would drive me insane on long journeys.

If you have any reservations about noise, always get the one with the centre silencer.
In fact, I would always get any exhaust for the Clio with a centre silencer!

I agree with yeecup. The drone is awful on the motorway.

I have the Supersport on my PH1, and until last weekend it was decatted.
The noise was horrendous, it was so loud and droney.

Now the cat is back on, the noise is much better. I do not find it droney at all (maybe because I am used to the decat), and the noise is not very intrusive at all until you give it some revs.

Supersport isn't bad if you are keeping the cat.

Ph 1 172

+1. Although my supersports seems to have lost the drone sinse fitting the decat

Clio sport 172
Not meaning to hijack the thread but how droney is the supersport on motorway? I do Essex to dorset and back every month and I love the supersport sound from YouTube clips but am anxious bout gettin it coz I don't wanna go insane! What speed is it droney at?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
its at it worst at 70mph in fifth, not ideal for obvious reasons. ill be honest im not impressed with the ktec, not because of quality just purely because i just dont think its sounds very good, its very monotone at all revs just gets louder but doesnt actually sound good, it drones as above at high speeds, i picked mine up second hand for a good price and it was nearly new hence why i went for it but if i had the choice i would pick something else, most probably the btb stealth.

just to point out im talking about the stealth supersport, from vids on youtube the recessed supersport sounds not bad, has a bit of rasp to it and sounds quite sporty, the stealth doesnt.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ I have the recessed Supersport + K Tec sport cat. Love it up until you're cruising on the motorway.

Tunnels make up for the cruising drone though ;)

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I find on the motorway to accelerate up to 80mph so it's really droning then let off until you reach 70mph, keep your foot on the accelerator very lightly so it stays at 70mph just...and the drone isn't that bad!

172 Cup
I currently don't have any backbox on the car what so ever, as you can imagine its loud, does anyone know how loud the supersport stealth is compared with no backbox?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Get a yozza stealth or a BTB stealth. All ktecs drooooooooooooooone like f**k. Nasty imo

Clio 197
I currently don't have any backbox on the car what so ever, as you can imagine its loud, does anyone know how loud the supersport stealth is compared with no backbox?

no full system will compare to a backbox less standard system - that is an insane drone which made me feel physically sick a few times

The supersport is nowhere near a loud and uncomfortable as runnig with no backbox

172 Cup
I'm sure the supersport will be fine then, I can't be arsed to spend twice the money on yozza or btb to be honest, to many other things I'm after at the moment!

Clio sport 172
Well all I can say is all these conflicting answers are confusing the hell outta my noob brain! Supersport, not supersport! Ahhhhh I can't take it!

Clio 172
I just got the recessed Supersport yesterday. Fair bit louder than I was expecting...

[youtube]eh8AncqeT6I[/youtube]

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Well all I can say is all these conflicting answers are confusing the hell outta my noob brain! Supersport, not supersport! Ahhhhh I can't take it!

If in doubt, buy the one with the most silencers i.e. rear and centre silencers. Sound is very subjective.
There are people posting here who say their decatted systems with no centre silencer sound "great".
The reality is that for most people it would sound unbearable/unacceptable.
Even the with rear and centre silencers most aftermarket systems will sound louder than the standard, whatever the marketing blurb says.

Clio sport 172
Thats what I was thinking is1! You have helped me decide! I suppose after all if it's not loud enough I can remove the centre silencer and put the straight through pipe in! Wooooo all excited! :)

53 Clio 172
Thats what I was thinking is1! You have helped me decide! I suppose after all if it's not loud enough I can remove the centre silencer and put the straight through pipe in! Wooooo all excited! :)

Just buy the silenced section with it and if you want more noise, give me a shout and I will swap my pipe with yours ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Can I ask what the difference is between the two?

Much better. I've had the (mis) fortune of having x2 ktec stealth's and they are super droney, even the supposed silenced versions..... Been there got the tshirt shall we say.

Yozza stealth is pretty much O.E sounding, but made from stainless. BTB make 2 systems, stealth and stealth Ninja, the standard unit gives a nice burble, the ninja is almost O.E sound levels.

BTB info,

http://www.stealth4clio.co.uk/

F
OR Yozza RING fred@ BTM