ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktecs quiet exhausts

Mazda MX5 1.8

are the quiet versions much quieter than the normal ones? i had a normal 1 on my mk1 clio and that was loud as f**k even tho it was only a 1.2

now ive got my 1.6 new type clio and im after sommat a lil more classy and a bit quieter

Mine is on the CUP. It is lound but a fair bit off unbearable. I like it, it is gentle, deep tone and noticeable round town. Open it up on the motorway and it screams throught the gears like a bat out of Hell. Constant cruising on the motorway is a bit boomy, but as I said before tolerable and nice to hear.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

swelch ... bloody ironic that its noisiest at 3.5 - 4.5 kprm aka motorway speeds. Fine when not pushing it driving around.:) Great when giving it hell. :D Boomy when cruising on the motorway. :(

Got used to it tho ... volume 18-20 on the standard Clio stereo with appropriate guitar-based music.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by swelch on 21 January 2004

Constant cruising on the motorway is a bit boomy...
Is that a "quiet" system then, or the normal one???

Really do not want a boomy exhaust, as Ive had them in the past and it can be annoying...

Quote: Originally posted by Essex_Lad on 21 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by april on 21 January 2004

Ive only got a 1.4 tho!! No point it being too loud!! lol!
Excuse me :mad:

as Tom said THE LOUDER THE BETTER!
As Tom and Essex_lad sed - THE LOUDER THE BETTER!!!