ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktr cat

i was thinking of the sports cat also from Ktec.... i dont understand too much about exhausts. Is it possible to add the sports cat without replacing the rest of the exhaust system?? and will i get anygains from just the sports CAT?... i know in the end that it will be better to get the whole system fitted at once including discreet exhaust though. :confused:

surley someone has this done???????

Suzuki SV1000S

Im sure you ca fit it without replacing the rest of the exhaust.

I want one just costs sssoooooo much just for the Sport cat

there is some one on here with the titanium exhaust dunno who tho

the sports cat has been trien on eone or 2 peoples cars and they all had problems unline the full decat boys

b****cks sorry it was the jelly babies writing that lol

the sports cat has been tried on a a few peoples cars and they have all had problems with it. unlike the full decat boys who have no problems at all

il not be going with that then. what about the discreet exhaust? problems? can that be added without the sports cat? and will there be any gains?

Lots of questions there sorry :D

the discreet one can be used without the sports cat as its a cat back system there will be gains tiny tiny ones tho its mainly just for noise and there wont be any problems its just an exhaust

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the person i heard of with a problem after fitting the k-tec cat sounded more like a sensor fault and not the cats fault.

I like the sound of a cat replacement option that you dont have to whip off come MOT time. My old tuned 106 GTI used to be a mare at MOT time as I had to find a garage that was prepared to accidentally emission test the wrong car just to get some good numbers .. lol :eek:

Should help keep noise levels in check too hopefully.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the person who had the fault had it immediatly after fitting the cat.this was to quick for the obd system to self test the cat as the conditions are very specific.it sounded like they had damaged the sensor or its connector when they swapped it over.

Ive got the stealth system and sports cat on order, ordered abouth 3 weeks ago... Heard nothing since tho.

I will be posting my opinion when its all fitted. 3 weeks ago, I was told to wait a month...

I hope there are no problems :devilish:

D

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 18 March 2004

Jay - Do you think this is as good as getting a remap, in terms of power gain or not
a remap i would have thought would gain more power in general but would be better if you had the cat as well.im going to get the cat pretty soon i think.