ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktr induction kit thoughts??

Clio 172
hi looking for a induction kit for my 172 was thinking this 1

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4418&appid=2

seen a vid on youtube with a car fitted with this driving down the road and it sounded amazing plus it gives a dyno graph at the end off the rolling road with standard car v induction kit fitted and results are :O bhp increase up to 19.4 so 7 and some torque increase aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_BbQzqGAx0 youtube link for anyone interested as i say the dyno results are at the very end.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
there's probably 10 threads on this just in the last week if you have a look on here.

I've seen an average of 6-8bhp gains, but more on engines in a higher state of tune (cams etc)

Dan bolted 1 on mine and the engine is stock, he did it in front of me in about 10mins, and re run the car made 6bhp higher up with a dip in torque/hp lower down, couldn't say if you'd notice it but that's what it made,the graph is there for all to see.

Regards Russ........

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I think we're doing 2 dyno runs at the West Mids day - probably the best answer!

I think Dave is planning on doing one with his V6 air box and one with KTR one. Just to do a comparison with same car in same place with air box swapped over. This should allow the car in same state to be back to back tested by same people on same rollers with same tyres so least we can see if there is any real difference (or total bullshit). :)

Dan bolted 1 on mine and the engine is stock, he did it in front of me in about 10mins, and re run the car made 6bhp higher up with a dip in torque/hp lower down, couldn't say if you'd notice it but that's what it made,the graph is there for all to see.

Regards Russ........

I also witnessed this, no bullshit figures as the car stayed sat on the rollers while Dan changed the airbox 2 the IK