ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR SHORT THROW QUICKSHIFT GEARLEVER

Roamer also has one in his 172. Ive sat in the car and changed gear but not driven it, it certainly is very presise and id image takes some getting used to. He said that my gearstick felt dreadful after using his, he said it was really loose :cry:

HMMM SOUNDS GOOD, THINK ILL HAVE ONE, BUT JUST WANT CONFIRMATION ON EASE OF FITTIN FROM PEEPS WHOVE GOT IT.

GRRRR DAMN CAPS LOCK! my bad

Is it my imagination or is that thing lower than the standard shift? If it is I would need to take the seats out and sit on the floor to change gear!

MB

Lee

BMW M2C

For me to be comfy with the wheel and pedals I find third gear is a bit of a stretch for me, Id need a prosthetic limb extension to use that.

It would be nice though. My old man has a Celica and the change in that is perfect. Its just a flick of the wrist (steady:oops:) not the entire upper body!!!

My Pug GTi-6 always seemed to have quite a long throw also. Much longer than Id expect of a car like that.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Ive driven Roamers car with the quickshift fitted. It works surprisingly well, even pottering about in traffic. The lever is shorter than standard but I didnt find it a problem. I dont think its a DIY job unless youre really handy with the spanners.

996 Carrera
  20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I was thinking of one of these but i like to drive with my hand resting on the gear knob! oooeer!

Lionel Richie

If i remember correctly, you have to remove the heat shield round the exhaust and then its easy to do ( i havent done it, i read that on here somewhere!!!)

how does a quicksift work anyway..sorry i am thick!!! how much are these and do they make any difference at all to anything cheers

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

its jus a shorter stick so has less far to travel so it is "quick", iv got one n id never go back to the normal stick, big difference. in 5th n reverse the stick bears slightly round instead of straight doesnt take much gettin used to. had it fitted by them as im not spanner profficient. :oops:

996 Carrera

motorsportworld have them. Although mine seems to have been sent direct from B+M.

And thinking about it, all three bits I ordered from them came separately, direct from the manufacturers.

And a tip to save you paying £9 P+P if you buy it from them - use the online order section instead of the usual "basket". You put in the "quote" they gave you but I forgot to add P+P and they didnt charge me any.

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 16 April 2003

Roamer also has one in his 172. Ive sat in the car and changed gear but not driven it, it certainly is very presise and id image takes some getting used to. He said that my gearstick felt dreadful after using his, he said it was really loose :cry:
Blimey cant believe I didnt see this thread originally LoL - Soz Tony mate :oops: didnt mean it in a bad way - I cant even remember why I tried yours lol - Soz