ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR solid top mount help please!

SchwepTek™
Hi all

Fitted some KTR top mounts today and have ended up with different length threads at the top even tho both sides are as side as they can go.

I don't know if I'm going mad but the instructions K-Tec sent me show a little tophat shaped insert that goes in between the spring top cap and the lower part of the top mount.

56e44b89419d98ae86db38c4b6ac61e9.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm going mad but I'm sure that this part came off of the OEM top mounts and does not go with the KTR mounts.

But these instructions do look like they are for the older style KTR mounts.

Either way anyone help me out? :)

500bf7678119bb766e45b9343a4bd622.jpg

0fdd825e0f8199fbf2ce6c342ca7a977.jpg

SchwepTek™
Yes going mad! Missing the top hat spacer on one side which explains the thread difference.

Hopefully be able to get hold of the spacer!

182T
The nut you have on top isn't needed either - it is normally used to hold the top mount in place along with the bush iirc but the function is perfromed by the k-tec topmount and new nut supplied (doesn't make a difference that you have it there tho).

I've just fitted some of these myself and am very impressed with the improvements - more direct steering, less roll & increased cornering grip all to a degree which I didn't expect at all. I've found the steering is ever so slightly lighter plus it becomes a little twitchy at motorway speed. A small price to pay for the improvements. Definitely recommended.

Clio Trophy
are you saying he does not need the spacer? he will be over the moon if so :p, as the other is somewhere in Royal Snails delivery system

@_Jackson_

SchwepTek™
The nut you have on top isn't needed either - it is normally used to hold the top mount in place along with the bush iirc but the function is perfromed by the k-tec topmount and new nut supplied (doesn't make a difference that you have it there tho).

I've just fitted some of these myself and am very impressed with the improvements - more direct steering, less roll & increased cornering grip all to a degree which I didn't expect at all. I've found the steering is ever so slightly lighter plus it becomes a little twitchy at motorway speed. A small price to pay for the improvements. Definitely recommended.

That little nut I just added as a locking nut which I read about in other threads.

Hopefully spacer will be sorted soon.