ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kumho KH31s

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got these or used them? (Not KU31s) KH31s

I've had a pair of Kumho KH31s put on the back, do they take some wearing in or somthing?
Because I swear the PE2s I had with 2mm of tread had more grip,
i've been going around corners at the same speed as I did in my spent PE2s and the back end feels really lose.

I had to brake hard today because of a r****d cutting me up because he didn't check his mirrors,
and I swear I could feel the back wanting to overtake the front.

I wanted two more Uniroyal Rainsport 2s as I have them on the front,
but the tyre place I use couldn't get any until January and I didn't want to risk 2mm on winter weather & possible snow.

I did a bit of reasearch on KH31s before I bought them and they had good reviews.
Anyone got any opinions, other than drive slower, because before you ask i'm driving normally, not like a tit. :rasp:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Well this thread went well. lol

I'm guessing from the overwhelming response i'm the only one with KH31s on his car?

I'll let you all know if they wear in well, or if I end up in a ditch upside down.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Alot of people really rate the KU31s, but I couldn't get hold of them,
so had to settle for KH31s.

If they scare me too much i'll put another two Uni Rainsport2s on it in the new year,
once my tyre place can get hold of them.

BG PH1 Megane 225
I've got KU31s on all corners of my car and they have been great both in the dry and the wet, though I'm not one to drive like a tool in the wet as I don't fancy writing my car off. How long have you had the KH31s on the rear? Probably need a good 2-300 miles for them to wear in really!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Not long, only about a week or so, but i've already done aroung 100miles on them.

It's just that when the Rainsports went on the front I could feel the extra grip straight away,
but with the KH31s on the back it feels very greasy, the roads have been a mix of wet, damp & dry
and i've been driving like a normal person, not chucking it about or anything, the back just feels lose.

Maybe I should give them another 100miles or so before I pass judgement, especially at this time of year.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've had/have KH31s on the front - just got a new pair on the front the other day

Previous set lasted me since last November too :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Just incase anyone's interested, I figured out what was wrong with my new back tyres. :D

They had been over inflated by the tyre place, they were a few psi over,
also the fronts were a few psi under.

I put the correct pressures in all 4 and the difference is unreal....like sh*t to a blanket. lol
It's mental how a couple of psi can mean the difference between loads of grip and sod all grip.

So if you ever think of getting KH31s they'll grip well.....as long as you put the right pressure in them. ;)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Read thread fail on my part. Thought you were looking at opinions on what they were like not that you had allready bought them. Ignore me I'm tired lol

Clio 1.2, New Note
Just incase anyone's interested, I figured out what was wrong with my new back tyres. :D

They had been over inflated by the tyre place, they were a few psi over,
also the fronts were a few psi under.

I put the correct pressures in all 4 and the difference is unreal....like sh*t to a blanket. lol
It's mental how a couple of psi can mean the difference between loads of grip and sod all grip.

So if you ever think of getting KH31s they'll grip well.....as long as you put the right pressure in them. ;)
i'v always used kumho's good mid range tyre.
good grip in wet and dry like you say.
i'm now off to get 2 for the back, they do take about 150 miles to bed in like breaks and as long as you check the pressures are right they will stick to the roads

Last edited:
  Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i bought Kumhos once. never agin, wore out in 6months. soft as s**t. bloody good grip tho.

i'm on Mitchellin Energy or something like that. lasted ages and have nearly as much grip :)

Clio 1.2, New Note
some are soft, my friend uses kumho's on his rally car and 12car plus i think road car thats why i use the really i'v used kh31's before they do wear out in about 7000 miles but i'm now on ku31's and they have last 18 months with the fronts swapped with the backs.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
7000 miles is nothing... i do (did) 15k a year, so that would be why they lasted 12 months...

Pirelli P600 and Mitchellin have lasted me over 12 months :) (Mitches are better)