ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kwik Fit - Life Time Guarantee

BMW 323i Coupe
I had new brake discs and brake pads fitted in Kwik Fit around April last year. It cost me £175 and it came with a lifetime guarantee that should they need replacing, as long as I owned the car, they would do the work free of charge.

However, I went in today to ask at the desk, and the guy said he didn't have my details on the system, so I've been looking for my receipt to prove it, but can't find it, is there anything I can do?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
How convenient they lost your details lol . I'd never grace the likes of Kwik fit myself . Learn by your mistakes , either steer clear of places like quick fit or keep your receipt in a safe place .

No wonder they can offer a lifetime guarantee charging those prices :eek:

Live and learn young man ;)

BMW 323i Coupe
I think I'm going to need to have a really good look tomorrow, because I'm not paying stupid money to have replacements when I don't need to.

Titanium 182
Just to put that price into perspective by the way new discs and pads for me cost £60 inc fitting :(

Titanium 182
Did you pay by card? If you did get a bank statement, this can be used as a proof of purchase.

If they don't honor that contact your local trading standards bureau, they'll give you the right advice.

£175 is insane! I can pick up a full set of brake disks for £20! Just get a Haynes manual for £18.99 on top of that and do it yourself, it's really not that big of a job!

172 , looking for a 4x4 !
I had new brake discs and brake pads fitted in Kwik Fit around April last year. It cost me £175 and it came with a lifetime guarantee that should they need replacing, as long as I owned the car, they would do the work free of charge.

However, I went in today to ask at the desk, and the guy said he didn't have my details on the system, so I've been looking for my receipt to prove it, but can't find it, is there anything I can do?

PM me your name and adress(oh and bank account details and passwords and phone numbers and secret answers!!!!;))as my mate is a manager of kwik fit and ill see if i can do anything for you.

Liam

BMW 323i Coupe
PM me your name and adress(oh and bank account details and passwords and phone numbers and secret answers!!!!;))as my mate is a manager of kwik fit and ill see if i can do anything for you.

Liam

Send me £50 first. ;)

I've found my receipt.

Brake Disc x 2 = £111.00
Brake Pads = £61.70
Supplies/Materials = £2.99

Mileage at the time was 39k, I've done 49k since so I'm under the year/12k mileage offer even if the lifetime guarantee doesn't count.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
lifetime guarantee on consumable items?? crikey, i'm sending the V in for new brakes all round then!

im sure theyll have some twist to it! just when he said theyd do the work free of charge, you would prob have to pay for the parts lol and the gaurantee only covers the labour.

But anyway aye! how 175 quid :O?

You can get a drilled disc and ebc pad setup for that with new wheel bearings and goodridge lines!

BMW 323i Coupe
I've taken the car in, and had to walk home. They'll ring me. He said that the year guarantee covers the discs and pads, so thats what I want done, none of this bullshitting around having other stuff done.

I'd rather take my car to the monkey enclosure at colchester zoo than give it to the ones at sh*t fit tbh.

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
I've taken the car in, and had to walk home. They'll ring me. He said that the year guarantee covers the discs and pads, so thats what I want done, none of this bulls**tting around having other stuff done.

theyl take all day on it lol!

the year gaurantee should cover the discs and pads, well discs anyway atleast

BMW 323i Coupe
Low priority. But I'll just be happy to have the work done under the terms of agreement.

I sent an e-mail to head office complaining last night, they claim to keep all details of work done on their central computer, yet my details disappeared whilst my warranty is still active.

Civic Vtec y0
Send me £50 first. ;)

I've found my receipt.

Brake Disc x 2 = £111.00
Brake Pads = £61.70
Supplies/Materials = £2.99

Mileage at the time was 39k, I've done 49k since so I'm under the year/12k mileage offer even if the lifetime guarantee doesn't count.
£111???? Are they made of Gold?

Barge
brandish the two words all companies fear the most - 'trading standards' - about the place. that'll soon get them singing from the same hymn sheet as you.

BMW 323i Coupe
brandish the two words all companies fear the most - 'trading standards' - about the place. that'll soon get them singing from the same hymn sheet as you.

Thats my plan. :cool:

They've just rang and all they said is that the cars ready, so I won't know anything til I get there. Fingers crossed.

BMW 323i Coupe
Picked the car up, brake pads were replaced and they made no quibbles. Also had a phone call from Kwik Fit's Head Office about the complaint I sent last night, so I queried the price of the work first time around stating that several people were shocked at the price and he said the price sounded right.

BMW 323i Coupe
But then he would say that...

Glad the problem's been resolved though I guess!

Yeah I'd expect them to defend themselves until someone took them to trading standards. But I'm happy, I don't have to spend stupid amounts of money, or any in this case to get the problem sorted.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I like to change the words from their advertising slogan/theme tune to...

..."You can't get shitter, than a kwik fit fitter, cos we'll fcuk it up" :rasp:

a thirsty one
i had this brakes guarantee on my old car, had a 106gti i added drilled and grooved front discs and had new std pads fitted at kwik-fit. they told me to keep the paperwork safe i went back every year for new pads fitted and never had any problems with them.

just turned up, they checked they were low and ordered and fitted new ones for free, i think i went through the original ones i paid for and another 4 front sets over the few years i had the car. i even had one set where the glue between the friction material/metal holder melted on a long country run and when it later cooled down they dried at an angle causing knocking etc. they just took them of and slotted new ones in. i admit my original bill was only about £40 for the pads so i think i did quite well.

not bad deal if you already have fitted new discs on yourself and your keeping the car for a while.