ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lack Of Clutch Cable/Pedal Maintenance/Replacement Guide

HardacreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Hi,

I'm new to the site and have spent the last couple of days looking through all the guides/manuals/FAQs on here and yet I can't seem to find anything tangible on clutch maintenance. I'm pretty sure mines all fine as the 172/182s have reputably heavy/high clutch pedals, and i'm not used to it. But i've seen a lot of replies with people saying that OP should just try lubricate/replace their clutch cable, without actually giving any advice on how to do it.

The only guide I could find was outdated and none of the picture links worked was still very vague. If anyone knows of any guides/manuals that would be of help then they would be greatly appreciated as i've seen a few dead posts with people stuck on how to maintain/replace their cable, plus I wouldn't mind adding it to my list of resources.

Cheers,

Adam

HardacreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
That's probably the case, but I was more wondering if anyone had any guides/manuals relating to the linkage (from the pedal to the clutch) as i'm new to the whole mindset of fixing your own problems when it comes to my car. My only issue is my pedals every so slightly loose (as in it goes in it depresses like an inch before I can feel it actually engage the cable) as not having a point to start from was just alien to me.

Thanks for your input.