ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lacquer's dried patchy?

Never above 25mpg
Anyway to get rid of this? I did spray equal at the equal distance and made sure the lacquer covered the area nicely but it's dried and ended up looking like the lake district.. :dapprove:

Laurence

Never above 25mpg
No. I didnt wet flat. I wet flatted the primer but not the paint.

Although before I discovered wetflatting this didnt happen to my on the rear side strips.. (patches have come up on the N/S strip)

Ill get some piccies now

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
what conditions/ surroundings are you painting in?? mine went funny but i discovered it was because the air was damp in the garage i was using!

Never above 25mpg
I am in my garage atm but like I said, didnt happen on the other strips..

dsc00019xr2.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
what conditions/ surroundings are you painting in?? mine went funny but i discovered it was because the air was damp in the garage i was using!

snap, ended up spraying them then running them back into the house to dry lol

J03

MX5 1.8
hmm something like that only happened to me once when it wasnt fully dry and it was cold.. after it dried it went away..
dont really know what it is but put a few more coats on and see what happens..

edit, yeah the air might be damp and moist, do it outside and see what happens

Clio Dyn 1.2
you should really spray in hotter weather conditions i think, however once its dry try rubbing it down with very fine wet and dry paper, might give a better glass looking finnish. Just an idea, might work, its worth a try anyway :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
vein... get some rough paper on it, eg 200 grit wet and dry, get rid of all the laquer s**t, then you will need to work your way back up the grits to smooth, re prime, then re paint/ laquer... make sure the can is warm ( i usually leave the can in warm water for 5 mins before spraying) and make sure its shook up proper. dont paint in crap weather unles you have a proper garage thats not moist etc. GOOD LUCK DUDE

Never above 25mpg
I think it may have been because I didn't leave it to dry!

Oh yes, tip for removing lacquered on paint, get some 240 wet and dry and the painted item in the bath with alot of water and hey presto it comes off :D

Going to redo both my sidestrips when I have the money again :D

Clio
that could have most likely come out ok tbh..Could have wet sanded it with fine paper then polish it back up, its due to cold weather.
I had this problem once and it done the trick just fine.
Good luck next time mate.