ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lad 200 brake conversion..

hello guys, as a newbie on here just need a little bit of advice, have any of you got any experince of LADs work and the 200 brake kit for the clio in particular?

Considering taking the plunge, and stumping up the cash, for 200 brake gauranteed...

any help would be wicked..

Skoda Fabia vRS

every LAD conversion ive seen has been low on power, some ive seen dont even make factory figures

go with another tuner, lots of the Saxo lads dont rate LAD either

Mr2 Roadster

No experience of them myself but they have a bad name on here and many other forums!

Lad=Just say no.

ROFLMAO

LAD LOL

hopefully in a few weeks Ill be rolling out a car with 200+ bhp and good increase in torque (which is more important really)

2 questions for all of you slating the LAD conversion...

Have you driven it and have you read the CCC report on it ?

Im currently tring to choose between a Honda CTR and a Clio Cup with the LAD conversion as a replacement for my wifes 106 Rallye and having driven both the LAD Clio is definately much faster than a standard Civic. Unlike some I dont expect you to take my word for it - go and drive it !

Even though the stats said in the CCC article that the 0-60 was 7.05 - that could be down to a number of things! They did mention though that the torque, response and pulll was up over standard and as previously mentioned Torque is better than BHP.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Nothing a r-sport ecu wouldnt do, group n exhaust and a panel filter

You havent answered the question.

Could it be that LAD "have a reputation that no company would want" because guys that havent been near the LAD demo car come on here and post things like "but a standard cup is even faster than a lad200 one" when experienced motoring journalists such as CCC write the opposite.

Ive taken the time to go and drive the LAD car and formed my own opinions, why not do the same.

it was the ccc article which made me consider LAD, and i think the reason the 0-60 was slightly slower was the gearing had been changed to a longer ratio.....

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 15 August 2003

ROFLMAO

LAD LOL

hopefully in a few weeks Ill be rolling out a car with 200+ bhp and good increase in torque (which is more important really)
Alright no need to rub it in ya lucky begger..

You just better hope after the ECU is done that when you go to start up the car the windscreen wipers dont fly off, all 4 airbags go off, you headlights explode and its suddenly -5C cause the aircon has gone into overdrive. ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

no it hasnt. look tin pot compaines like lad do more harm than good.

Saxo Evo anyone? 180bhp?

Claiming 200bhp is stupid. maybe they have made gains but why claim a 28bhp increase?

erm why has the gear ratios been changed they dont advertise it !!! i think its like jag and the e-type the car will do 155 or what ever it was but they had to change parts to get it to do it and those bits were not on the road cars

the thing is also lad will not show us a rr graph of their cars so what are they trying to hide !!! there have been many cases of saxos and 106s coming back with less power and torque than they went in with or like with the 160 conversions coming out with much less than that

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats all i want. An RR graph from Power Engineering.

If anyone from lad can read this come down to the rr (on our rr day) and i will pay for you to have a run.

Some people have more money than sense, i wouldnt spend that much money unless i had a before and after RR sheet.

-Rob

this is the reason, i have come here to ask the opinions of those who have the experience..

if i have 2k to spend, what would you recomend?

Quote: Originally posted by philipo on 15 August 2003

it was the ccc article which made me consider LAD, and i think the reason the 0-60 was slightly slower was the gearing had been changed to a longer ratio.....

Nope, sorry but they dont touch your gearbox...... hell why would you? only thing you could do to the gearbox is replace it with a sadev ;)(Oh why didnt I get one when I had the offer? arse)

320d M Sport

numerous things have been posted about LAD, mainly bad. As someone has said though theres a distinct lack of people who have actually driven it!

LAd have been flooded with emails from people from here all asking for a RR demo but so far have been ignored.

Lets also remember LAD have been around for Donkeys years and despite what goes round on internet forums they are well thought off in motorsport circles.

Just a shame they cant prove the 200BHP theory, if they could theyd be raking it in, seriously.

Look, Ive driven one of their saxos and at the time it didnt feel as fast as my standard 106gti.

Yes you could argue that I havent driven their clio, but lets face it, if you were out to rip people off then you would at least make your demo car seem like its got the right bhp in which case driving their demo would be pointless anyway!

Like other people have said where are the rr figures?

Me? Im waiting to see what roamer comes up with.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by philipo on 15 August 2003

200 brake gauranteed...
Well thats the problem.

If you get a before & after power run done at an independant rolling road and LAD will guarantee you a genuine 200bhp then go for it, but if not...

Having being a past Peugeot owner and LAD have been dealing with Pugs for years I have seen nothing but bad reports of these lot and personally I wouldnt take my cars there.

With a Viper/BMC, an R-Sport ECU and a decent exhaust youre nearly up to 200bhp anyway for a lot less cash!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 16 August 2003

As benR says, its near impossible to get 200bhp using standard inlet (without forced induction)
So why does Tim-Os Cup have 198bhp and its normally aspirated...

;)

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

hey philipo, if u got 2k to spend phone around as there are other non renault tuners who can do the "200", or like some others on here wait and see how much roamers tbs will cost, k-tek r working on something, patience obi-wan...:oops:

Yeah, but TimO is gonna reach a limit very soon.... and thats the injector limit, 52bhp per injector to be exact..... and when youre meant (For safetys sake) to run at 80% duty the current injectors are way over limit already, so you start getting into the area of possibly running lean if there is any injector issues at all

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 18 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 16 August 2003

As benR says, its near impossible to get 200bhp using standard inlet (without forced induction)
So why does Tim-Os Cup have 198bhp and its normally aspirated...

;)
because that the number the RR operator pulled out of the hat.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 18 August 2003

thats the injector limit, 52bhp per injector to be exact..... and when youre meant (For safetys sake) to run at 80% duty the current injectors are way over limit already, so you start getting into the area of possibly running lean if there is any injector issues at all
In that case the standard car is over the limit!!!

With 52bhp per injector thats 208bhp max, but 80% of that is only 166bhp, so the standard car is beyond the FOS limit...

if you remember correctly, i did mention that they only came with 166bhp.

you people starting to belive me now?

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 19 August 2003

if you remember correctly, i did mention that they only came with 166bhp.

you people starting to belive me now?
I think they might mate ;)