ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LAD Cup on Ebay

Shhh

Surely if you bought it, you thrash it for a day or two, get it RR then take it back under the trade description act..

Pay via PAYPAL, return the payment..and give car back

:)

Going by the pictures supplied, and looking at the spec on the LAD site, this guy is either a bullsh*tter or incerdibly dim.

Quote: Originally posted by AliasOmega on 25 January 2005

Surely if you bought it, you thrash it for a day or two, get it RR then take it back under the trade description act..

Pay via PAYPAL, return the payment..and give car back

:)
But if he supplies it with a lad rolling road printout he can claim to the best of his knowledge it was running at those specs and get away with it!

I asked the following:

Hi

I am interested in the Clio you have on ebay - but i was just wondering what LAD parts you have? As i have been on to there website and they say that the 200BHP conversion includes Induction Kit and an aftermarket exhaust? From the pics on Ebay your Clio has neither? Has the Car been on the RR at all? Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Justin

will post up his/her response when i get it!!

it looks just like a standard cup to me !
receipts available, if i have work done i make sure i get the bill !!

Sent to seller

Hi there, i have been looking for a renault sport for a while and have seen this beast on e-bay, i have been in touch with Renault UK and for the warranty to be valid they have to have an exact list of what has been carried out by LAD to make it 200BHP because if anything was to go wrong with the engine they want to cover there behinds (get out of fixing it i reckon).
I have e-mailed LAD by they are very secretive about what is done to to increase the performance.
Also my insurer Adrian Flux will need to know the list of modifications too.
Also how much did the LAD conversion cost you?

One last thing, will you take £9500 to end the auction early?

Look forward to hearing from you asap (i would like to collect the car Friday night so a speedy responce is required as i have the cash waiting).

Thanks

Embarrassed to say

The reserve hasnt even been met. I think the lads at LAD have actually have devalued a great car, if he took the reference to LAD away he could sell it for more.

Ziel Nurburgring

The unfortunate thing is, LAD advertise in places like Max P and Evo (Dont read either, but someone spotted their full page ads a while back). This means that Joe or Joanna public who dont visit such a great forum like we do, dont know all the misleading rubbish these cowboys get upto.

luketheduck

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 182; Octy vRS 245

Quote: Originally posted by Justy on 25 January 2005

I asked the following:

Hi

I am interested in the Clio you have on ebay - but i was just wondering what LAD parts you have? As i have been on to there website and they say that the 200BHP conversion includes Induction Kit and an aftermarket exhaust? From the pics on Ebay your Clio has neither? Has the Car been on the RR at all? Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Justin

will post up his/her response when i get it!!
ROFL :D

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Here ya go, first response!!

"Hi,
Ive seen your 172 Cup on ebay.
Do you have the Rolling road sheet as proof of the 200bhp? Its just that Ive been offered a mk1 172, but would prefer a LAD modified cup instead.
Thanks,
Lee."

The work was carried out by LAD motor sport. if you look at their web site there is a full test report. In additon you could ring LAD motorsport and they will give you a full rundown of the work. It does not involve chipping and does not show up on servicing hence the warranty is OK. I have the receipt but not a rolling road report. if you are seriously interested I would contact LAD motorsport and ask for information. I have just spoken to Ernie at LAD motorsport (tel 01524 62748)and he is happy to talk to you.

So there is no ecu remap???

30bhp from gasflowing the heads? You could do that in the days of the Ford Cortina but on modern computer designed and built engines? nope.

1/ The car appears not to have the LAD bits

2/ It seems doubtful the LAD bits (if fitted) would provide 200bhp

3/ The blokes a chancer.

This is the reply i got

The work was carried out by LAD motor sport and cost £1500. If you look at their web site there is a full test report. It does not involve chipping and does not show up on servicing hence the warranty is OK unless renault take the head off to see the work. I have the receipt with the full spec which is mostly porting and gas flow work but not a rolling road report. If you ring me I will read out what has been done. If you are seriously interested I would contact LAD motorsport and ask for information. I have just spoken to Ernie at LAD motorsport (tel 01524 62748)and he is happy to talk to you. I would take £9600 cash if you are interested

Yeah i bet you would.

Hmmm... Stealth modifications methinks, cleverly concealed inside original-looking components, for that ultimate wolf in 172s clothing hehe !

£9600.00 ...Id bite his arm off ...NOT !

personally i reckon its just a standard cup,I bet LAD have never even seen that car.
also theres no grotty LAD stickers on it !

You asked:
"Do you have a list of exaclty what has been done to the car to make it 200 bhp? Also have you had it independently rolling roaded since the work on it?"

The work was carried out by LAD motor sport. if you look at their web site there is a full test report. In additon you could ring LAD motorsport and they will give you a full rundown of the work. It does not involve chipping and does not show up on servicing hence the warranty is OK. I have the receipt but not a rolling road report. if you are seriously interested I would contact LAD motorsport and ask for information. I have just spoken to Ernie at LAD motorsport (tel 01524 62748)and he is happy to talk to you.

Guess who will be getting a call from yours truley tomorrow, we might finally learn exactly what LAD do to the cars

I know LAD are not very well respected here but i have to go on what ive seen in the flesh(or metal/plastic) my old ax gt was lad prepared,i got it from my mate and it was independantly rrd at 108bhp (mate claimed 120bhp),standard was 85 and it was a little rocket up to 70 so they do something,maybe not 28 bhp from a modern ecu controlled engine though.

LAD wont admit what they do but it seems all they do is deburr the head no fueling changes etc. So theres no way they could get 200hp they need more fuel for starters.