ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LAD - Investigation!

blimey must be one of a few the guy who lives near me with a "160" *cough cough* converted 106gti who regularly had his ass handed back to him in a sling by my standard gtturbo would have had other things to say about their work and numerous other peeps, as tom says you havnt seen the ins and outs regaurding LAD and cliosport, they were asked questions and given the opportunity to prove themselves by tom in what was a friendly email but all their replies were a cop out and the basically fobbed us off, very stupid considering we have so many owners of cups and 172s that would have been prepared to book their cars in with them after seeing some concrete proof of their ability, this wasnt forthcoming hence LAD = bunch of jokers

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by Gradgrind on 17 November 2003

"they refuse to show us any proof of what they do to the car " - What form would proof take for gasflow work on the cylinder head and valves? Photos before & after? Video of the work being done? Sworn witnesses?

"they wanted to charge us to take a car to a rr" - But to be fair, does anybody give you a free RR?

Fair enough if you dont like their terms of business or think you might not get the claimed power go elsewhere. But having had first hand experience of LAD I do not think most of the comments/abuse in this thread are fair.

Some simple Rolling Road result to show that the car produces 200bhp as claimed would be enough. Quite frankly I dont care what they have done as long as it produced the quoted 200bhp which at the moment has not been proved!!

waste of time colin its like getting blood out of a stone getting anything from LAD and hey if they cant make the effort and clearly arent interested in any of us taking our cars to them then its their loss IMO

I was unlucky enough to have the conversion done on my 172.

It definitely made a noticable increase in power but soon after sprung a serious oil leak from the exhaust cam oil seal. I phoned and emailed them quite a few times but they refused to acknowledge any blame until he had proof that his work caused it. I took it to Hillpower and he proved that the leak was L.A.D.s fault! Ive emailed them again with the pictures Nick took, but they still havent responded to me......

My advice would be not to get this conversion done. There is a power increase but the customer service is terrible.

Quote: Originally posted by Kevins172 on 27 November 2003

I was unlucky enough to have the conversion done on my 172.

It definitely made a noticable increase in power but soon after sprung a serious oil leak from the exhaust cam oil seal. I phoned and emailed them quite a few times but they refused to acknowledge any blame until he had proof that his work caused it. I took it to Hillpower and he proved that the leak was L.A.D.s fault! Ive emailed them again with the pictures Nick took, but they still havent responded to me......

My advice would be not to get this conversion done. There is a power increase but the customer service is terrible.
Aha....are you the guy who had cams and a chip of Nick last week? If so, he said your car was "an animal" and the quickest 172 hed been in. Nice :D And welcome, btw.

Gradgrind

Forum User

clio 172
17 November 2003
4 Posts

I think lad does visit this group-and thats after may pints i noticed that

Phoned and e-mailed LAD when I owned a 106 gti for info on the 160 conversion. After visiting the website and reading reviews I was dead set on getting it done. After one phone call I knew they were cowboys! Asked them exactly what the did, Reply was headwork! HTF can you get a 40bhp increase with headwork alone? No change to cams, engine management etc its impossible.

Decided to go elsewhere and was very happy I did. Cost a bit more but every claim was met.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

ya kevins172, if their 200 conversion is cams, head and remap then u need to change the oil/breather system, sounds like they forgot.