ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LAD

I had the LAD 200 conversion on my mk1 172. When I got the car back I noticed an oil leak. Phoned & emailed them quite a few times but was fobbed off. In the end I had to take the car to Hillpower where Nick proved beyond doubt that it was an incorrectly fitted exhaust cam oil seal. I sent the pictures to LAD but they still wont accept responsibility.

This is just to warn other people against getting any work done by LAD, there customer service is rubbish!

After the mods made at Hillpower my car is really quick. I think the group n cam has made it an ideal car for fast road use.....

Did you get a chance to try the car properly with the LAD work on it? What did you think of it? Any difference at all?

Rhys

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 01 December 2003

Did you get a chance to try the car properly with the LAD work on it? What did you think of it? Any difference at all?
Just what I was thinking...

Whats the "real" story behind this conversion from an owner whos actually had the work done!?

Weve all heard the rumours and bull thats been on various forums, but I am very interested to hear what a genuine customer has to say about the company, the workmanship and the performance gains!

(and please people, lets not turn this into the usual sl*gging thread!)

Hope that youve called trading standards if they have done substandard work and are unwilling to correct it (like youd want them to touch it again!) or compensate you (much better).

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Oh interesting, as 007 said no warning is nescessary, we are all well aware of LAD and its been discussed about in length on here before.

Put it on a rolling road and see if you get anywhere near 200BHP, also trading standards should be you next stop as their work was clearly substandard.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 02 December 2003

get your car to a Rolling Road ASAP (a good one)!!! we all want to know what the power is!!!!
Seeing as how he had the work done at LAD Im assuming Kevin could live somewhere in the North West??? Do you mate?!

If so we are going to a rolling road (RE at Bury) again this Saturday, so I would love to see the car run on there as we have got a lot of results for 172s & Cups on these rollers and we know theyre pretty accurate!

Can compare your power & torque curves to other Clios and see how the LAD car measures up to all the others...

Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to come to Bury and put your car on the rollers this coming Saturday (6th) Dec, Im sure we can have a whip round to cover the £25 for the run!

Im hopefully taking the car to Power Engineering next week for a rolling road session. Unfortunately I wont be able to come to Bury as live in the South, I would have liked to have gone though

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Kevins172 on 02 December 2003

Im hopefully taking the car to Power Engineering next week for a rolling road session. Unfortunately I wont be able to come to Bury as live in the South, I would have liked to have gone though
Oh well, shame you cant make it, but keep us informed of the results!