ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lagging like mad on Warzone

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've been trying to solve a constant lag on Warzone issue but having no luck. Has anyone had anything like this before?

It's mainly when opening doors, I sometimes sail straight through them. Smashing glass has a slight delay, when running I have a jerk now and again as shown in the video. The whole thing is just a laggy mess.

I am on ps4, Vodafone isp (UK) and tried:

Port forwarding for Warzone
Wireless plug in network adapter things
Static ip for the ps4

I'm confused because normal multiplayer is absolutely fine.

Any ideas please everyone? Pulling my hair out here.

Thank you

See 7/8 second mark

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah you can see the issue in the video like. I would of thought the issue will be on their side and might need of an update. Been a very long time since I've played on Call of Duty and know what's it like on lagg or connection issues o nthese sort of games.

I had on one occasion on Red Dead 2 there was an istance where the game would kind of freeze at the exact same scene of the game. I tried about 10 times or more got me baffled and fustrated and i ended up doing console chages trying to fix it. Tried this every day for a few days and nothing worked. Aweek or so later there was an update on the game. And it was fixed the issue, worked first time.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
First off - remove any wireless from the equation. That gets rid of 80% of your potential issues.

Is it you joining a session that's causing the apparent lag - or you hosting one? I'm not sure how the online stuff on COD works as I tend to avoid it like a dose of herpes.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. So I brought my router downstairs and hardwired it in to eliminate any potential WiFi issues and it was exactly the same.

I'm getting 36mb down and 5mb up so surely it can't be that?

So annoying!!!

Do I change to virgin isp?

Clio Dci
In a similar boat to you although not quite as bad, also always seem to get packet data loss (orange squares) on the left. Even tho my pc is hardwired to the router. We’ve got virgin internet being installed on Saturday so I can let you know if it helps me

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
In a similar boat to you although not quite as bad, also always seem to get packet data loss (orange squares) on the left. Even tho my pc is hardwired to the router. We’ve got virgin internet being installed on Saturday so I can let you know if it helps me
Cheers mate that would be good.

I took the plunge last night to move to talk talk 65mb from my 30mb Vodafone so hoping that sorts it on the 1st Dec.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys. So I brought my router downstairs and hardwired it in to eliminate any potential WiFi issues and it was exactly the same.

I'm getting 36mb down and 5mb up so surely it can't be that?

So annoying!!!

Do I change to virgin isp?
5MB is really quite low these days on the upstream. It's perfectly capable of supporting an online FPS, so long as you're not the one hosting the round/match and you have ZERO other devices accessing the internet within the house at the same time.

How many players are in the rounds? Can you pick and choose?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
5MB is really quite low these days on the upstream. It's perfectly capable of supporting an online FPS, so long as you're not the one hosting the round/match and you have ZERO other devices accessing the internet within the house at the same time.

How many players are in the rounds? Can you pick and choose?
Thanks bud, there are 150 to 200 people in the game! So loads

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks bud, there are 150 to 200 people in the game! So loads
Surely not in 'your' game all at the same time though - or is it like some battle royale mode?

At a guess, I'd say 5MB should be able to support a 16 player round - 8 vs 8 comfortably. That's what I used to be OK with on Battlefield 2142 back in the day when I had about 2MB up.

If I switched to 32 player maps, it struggled. And it was laughably bad with the 64 player rounds.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Surely not in 'your' game all at the same time though - or is it like some battle royale mode?

At a guess, I'd say 5MB should be able to support a 16 player round - 8 vs 8 comfortably. That's what I used to be OK with on Battlefield 2142 back in the day when I had about 2MB up.

If I switched to 32 player maps, it struggled. And it was laughably bad with the 64 player rounds.

Warzone is a 150 player BR.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Warzone is a 150 player BR.
You'll never cope with that sufficiently on 5MB up. It will be bad enough if clusters of players are scattered far and wide over the map, but in close proximity a large group of players will cause lag issues.

How the hell does the game play with 150 players without the map being the size of Siberia, anyway? Those HUGE 64-player maps on BF2142 were just stupid.... walk, BANG, dead. Turn, BANG, dead. Run. BANG, dead.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
That's proper odd, as it's caching up with itself. Would you cry if you had to do a factory reset on the PS4?

Any PC's/laptops on the network?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
That's proper odd, as it's caching up with itself. Would you cry if you had to do a factory reset on the PS4?

Any PC's/laptops on the network?
No mate, I only really have Warzone on it so happy to do that.

And there are quite a few yes. Got my laptop, my pc, girlfriends laptop and girlfriends work laptop.

Also have a few other bits connected such as
Onkyo receiver
WiFi printer
Chromecast
My phone
Gf phone
Ps4 obviously

But these are not usually all running at the same time.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Right - I would change the router password and try the PS4 alone. See what happens first off with that.

Then, if it does behave add each device 1 by 1. Also, be ready to install WireShark on your pc to watch the network - £10 says it'll be a device pinging the network for info (Divx did it to ours and WireShark was a godsend to spot it!)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Right - I would change the router password and try the PS4 alone. See what happens first off with that.

Then, if it does behave add each device 1 by 1. Also, be ready to install WireShark on your pc to watch the network - £10 says it'll be a device pinging the network for info (Divx did it to ours and WireShark was a godsend to spot it!)
That's such a good idea! Thank you

I shall give that a shot later, what is it exactly I'm looking for on wireshark? Just loads of information all of a sudden shooting up when it's connected?

Please talk to me like I'm 4 with this stuff, as I'm not very network savvy

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
When this lag happens its when these 3 orange squares appear on the screen which is packet loss / packet burst according to the Internet
Screenshot_20201117_172319_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
You need to run it as you play and look for up address talking to the network.

Try just the PS4 running first though.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

Just trying now. Interestingly the hp printer is connected already despite me having changed my password.

Computer 2 is my ps4
Laptop is my laptop obvs

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member

So I gave it a go and changed my router password so everything has disconnected to it.

I then struggled to maintain a connection online on call of duty, it kept kicking me out saying I had no Internet connection which I've never seen before.

So I then got the ports to open for ps4 and applied those on the router, to which I have honestly had the smoothest game of Warzone ever. My shots registered, I could actually snipe, I ran normally, opened doors. I couldn't believe it! (and even got a 2nd place on my first game which has never ever happened before)

My main issue is, and something I would jot normally do to resolve something but I've changed two things at once. I've done the port forwarding and done the router change pw so can't determine the root cause. I wonder if I slowly add the devices and see if it comes back as you suggested, it may help determine the issue.

I have a bit of a question mark over the network printer I have, could that be causing havoc on my network?

133T
I had severe lagging on Xbox and had to change the power always on functionality to eco which meant no downloads whilst off / standby. Basically it was off when off. Not sure if the PlayStation has this setting. I was resetting the router. Even changed to 5ghz signal which actually helped the entire household stream to their iPads without buffering.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
So I gave it a go and changed my router password so everything has disconnected to it.

I then struggled to maintain a connection online on call of duty, it kept kicking me out saying I had no Internet connection which I've never seen before.

So I then got the ports to open for ps4 and applied those on the router, to which I have honestly had the smoothest game of Warzone ever. My shots registered, I could actually snipe, I ran normally, opened doors. I couldn't believe it! (and even got a 2nd place on my first game which has never ever happened before)

My main issue is, and something I would jot normally do to resolve something but I've changed two things at once. I've done the port forwarding and done the router change pw so can't determine the root cause. I wonder if I slowly add the devices and see if it comes back as you suggested, it may help determine the issue.

I have a bit of a question mark over the network printer I have, could that be causing havoc on my network?

Certain items in your network will ping the network (sometime relentlessly) for info.

Which router you got?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
What is bb? Broadband? If so yes

Reading up - your Router is more than likely the issue, and Vodafone are a complete bunch of pellets that do what they can to stop you sorting it out.

I would seriously suggest a new router (a decent one!) that's designed for heavy traffic. £200-£300 will do the business.

But - in the mean time - slowly add devices back to the WiFi pool and see at what point it starts arsing about. But, I would say your router is "Choking" due to it's limitations.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We have been with Vodafone for a couple of years. There was a fault with the router late on one evening a little while back. Rang them and they sent a new (better) router to me the next day, service was spot on.

Seems these companies are very hit n miss.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
We have been with Vodafone for a couple of years. There was a fault with the router late on one evening a little while back. Rang them and they sent a new (better) router to me the next day, service was spot on.

Seems these companies are very hit n miss.

Mass produced routers for these ISP's are generally "so so" to downright shite. For not a lot of buck, you can upgrade to something a shitload better.

This is what I use to connect to the interwebs - a billion times better than the BT Hub.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Almost. You need the log in details for your interwebs ISP.

I use the 8800AXL as a modem, then an ASUS RT-AX88U as a router. I have 17+ devices talking to the network though lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah ok. So the one you linked but be worth getting them or can you suggest another. Not liked before so I’m sure there are hundreds lol