ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless network problems...

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
I was wondering if anyone could know possibly what I could do to solve this problem.

We have a Bt Homehub, and it has connecting to it wirelessly:

1 Xbox 360
1 Desktop PC
2 Laptops

Its very rare that all of them are on together, but predominately its one laptop, the xbox, and the PC and they all work fine together. I have specified static IPs for them and that seems to do the job fine.

Now for some reason whenever the other laptop is switched on, the xbox connection goes terrible, the lag is immense and you literally cannot play the game online.

Heres the IP address for everything:
network.jpg

And here is the specific details for the laptop and the xbox:
network3.jpg

network2.jpg

I originally thought it was something to do with the IP addresses conflicting but I have tried changing them and it didn't seem to make any difference.

All other devices on the network function as normal and the other laptop is unaffected. It is just the Xbox.

What can I do?

Thank you.

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
have you left the ip address settings on automatic on all devices including the homehub?

I have the bt homehub as well and 3 laptops, a desktop and 2 ps3's connect to it all at once with no issues whatsoever. All the ip address settings are set to automatic.

Perhaps the problem lies with the xbox. Try removing the settings on the xbox and re-setting them.

Hope it made sence, im quite tired.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Some of the IP addresses are set manually as I've had to do some port forwarding to enable some things to download on my laptop. Its weird though as it all works perfectly, until you turn the other laptop on.