ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna II - Keyfob broke

Diesel Barge
Hi,

I had three keys for my laguna and over the course of the last year they have all broke, the last one just now. I can unlock the car, but the lock button doesnt work (as if the contact has broke), i think its a common fault.

Now you get a key to unlock the car aswell, but it doesnt seem to lock the car via this key, i can unlock the car with the key though. :(. I'm not sure if this is another fault or the actual design.

Should i be able to lock the car via the key, does anyone know?

Also how much am i looking at for a new key from Renault? And are they the only people you can go to?

Thanks,
James

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ebay, then type in laguna key repair. Brilliant service i've used them loads.

As for locking it. Shut all the doors apart from the front passenger. Sit in the passenger seat and push the button on the console that locks all the doors. Then get out and use the key to lock the front passenger door.

Hope that helps.

Diesel Barge
Cheers Daniel, i'll go and try it now... And just found them on google, deffo worth a shot for £25.

James.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£200 for a key and coding from renault, £25 from ebay! No brainer mate.

I've had loads done. LAgunas/scenics/meganes etc.

Diesel Barge
Just tried locking it, pressing the lock button on the console with the door open doesnt work, it tries locking then doesnt (it clicks twice) as if the car goes to lock but the doors open so cant. So all i can do is lock the passenger door, ha.

Is that normal, or am i doing something wrong? :eek:

cheers.

Diesel Barge
The passenger front.

Although just managed to lock it, i opened the back passenger and pressed the lock button on the console and then got out and closed the doors. All locked now. :)

Seems a random way of doing it mind.

Thanks for your help.