ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lamba sensor / o2 sensor

clio 1.4RT
Hi all

Ive just noticed on my new tail pipe it has gone all black and sooty. correct me if i am wrong but does this mean i have an over rich mixture??? if so am i looking at the lambda/02 sensor to replace????

does anyone know which one i need for an old 98 mk1 1.4rt clio??

Cheers

clio 1.4RT
it does idle abut funny, it searches just a tad and the engine moves a very tiny bit these days even after new mounts. its down on power especially at motorway speeds uphill.

Evo
Possibly have a problem but i wouldnt look too much into the carbon'd up exhaust, they all do it. Just a bi product of combustion

clio 1.4RT
mmmm i still might change it... its the origional one and the car is on 98 thou miles now. ive changed all but the coil on the ignition side of things and it still wont go well at 70mph uphill.

Evo
Its an old car mate, they inevitably lose bhp with the miles, maybe shes just getting tired?

Tried a comp test? if not then try changing your sensor, what u got to lose.

clio 1.4RT
yeh did a compression test and all is good. and i know she is old now but im sure she is good for some more iles and sa bit more speed