ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda open circuit?

Clio 182
Hi all... The other day I was driving along when my 182 started misfiring and juddering like it was running out of fuel, after getting it plugged in i foun a faulty injector and 'bank 1 lambda' fault. On investigation I found an intermittent fault on injector 1 so change the injector and both lambda's. this seems to have cured the misfire but the lambda sensor still gives a 'bank 1 lambda sensor open circuit' fault????
ive been all over the car, swap lambda etc and can't seem to find the problem... The engine runs fine until it gets to temperature but then starts to slow/speed up idle speed.. The only fault that shows up now on diagnostics is the 'open circuit fault'... Any ideas before I start checking the loom??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You need to check the actual wiring on the car between the plug at the sensor end and the ECU.

Something somewhere is broken hence the "open circuit" and it will stay that way until you find it.

Clio 182
Thanks, just checked the loom with volt meter and all appears fine, even bypassed the connector plug on the lambda.... Stills shows up on diagnostics as 'lambda 1 open circuit/short circuit....

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So the voltage supply and earth are all good and the sensor and heater lines are continuous with the ECM?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
that sounds very similar to the wording my diagnostics gives for when the heater circuit is broken

Clio 182
Yes, cut all four wires at both ends and replaced with new separate from the loom... Still no change!!! Did notice that the lambda reading stays the same at idle and with revs??

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If the readings are the same at idle/fast idle then there is a connection fault and you've missed something.

Are you 100% sure you had the correct wires in the correct place?

Mick

Clio 182
Thanks......
Im sure i put all the wires together correctly..... tomorrow I will recheck all the wiring and try a differnt lambda just in case!...driving me crazy now!

Is there anything else I should check?