ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor after new cat?

2005 Silver 182
So I recently fitted a sports cat to my car but used the old sensors (182). During mot when it was going on the emissions tests it threw an EM light up. Codes say a sensor issue. Cant remember the code unfortunately. Deleted the code and the light stayed off until the car was left on idle the other night. Is it generally a good idea to replace sensors when going new as they may be coked up and the clean cat could mess with them? If so what is the best place to source genuine sensors?

Cheers

monaco 172
I'd just replace the front one, the rear doesn't do anything to aid the running of the car.

Did it pass the emmissions test?

Eml could be a number of things though so best off getting it properly diagnosed.

2005 Silver 182
It did ..... just! So just the front one should do it? As said the code was related to a lambda sensor so hoping nothing else is wrong.

monaco 172
Yeh just the front one. My rear one is just tie wrapped up to the abs sensor wiring as the threads stripped when I took it out of the old cat and the car has been running perfectly fine for the last 2 years like this since I replaced the front lambda which was destroying my fuel economy

2005 Silver 182
Thanks for the advice! Any idea on best place to get them. Assume Bosch is good idea to get?

2005 Silver 182
Brilliant. Found the link posted by yourself! Car tech price looks unreal. It’s crazy when places like Ktec are selling lambdas.at £90!!!!’

PH2 172
Brilliant. Found the link posted by yourself! Car tech price looks unreal. It’s crazy when places like Ktec are selling lambdas.at £90!!!!’

No problem.

Have a look through their other stuff.

There is only one shipping charge per order.

2005 Silver 182
Just one other question. There is another Bosch lambda on the page that is £50 odd. How come? I supppose the one you linked on other post £30 odd will do both pre and post cat?

PH2 172
Just one other question. There is another Bosch lambda on the page that is £50 odd. How come? I supppose the one you linked on other post £30 odd will do both pre and post cat?

0258006046 is the Bosch number and can be used pre & post cat.

Opie are listing the same item @ £47, apparently if you are aware of it, you can use some code for 10% off with free postage £42.

If you want 2, its cheaper from CAR TECH.

2005 Silver 182
Brilliant to hear. Thinking two is definitely the better option. Just get them both refreshed for peace of mind!