ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lambda sensor help needed

Megane 265 Cup
Hi

I have a faulty lambda sensor as far as I can tell and am looking to buy a replacement. I have looked on eurocarparts for a new sensor and I get three search results as below;

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/k/lambda/p/Car-Parts

Can anyone explain the difference between these and why they differ in price? Are the two sensors on the car not the same?

Thanks in advance

Evo
White vinegar will de-carbon an old sensor and POSSIBLY bring it back to life?

Just let it sit in some for a night.

Megane 265 Cup
Thanks for the tip Ben :) will maybe give that a go, I am just getting the emissions light on occasion flashing at me and staying on now and again for a day at a time. It is intermittent at the moment but I am guessing one of the sensors is dying.

Are both sensors exactly the same? What infact is the difference between those that I linked to any ideas?

Thanks

Evo
I know the 197s two are the same, know squat about 172s though :(

Are you sure its the sensor? usually with a dodgey lambda sensor you'd notice it driving a little off/roughly?

Have you plugged an OBD in to confirm?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
i think the 182 has 2 lambda sensors one pre cat and one after the cat. Does your one have 2 ?

Megane 265 Cup
Thing is ben I am not sure if it is driving a little rough cos I don't really no any different as I have only had the car a few weeks. I will maybe get it plugged into a diagnostic to make certain before I go replacing any sensors. From the link I provided previously which one should I be buying of those? Cheers

Megane 265 Cup
Link doesn't work either if you click on it, for some reason it doesn't pull over the full address, it chops off "&products_id=112" but I noticed that and added it on. Thanks for the help, I will get a diagnostic done quickly just to confirm and look to buying a replacement if thats what it requires.

Thanks

330 Ci
fyi - I used an OBD to disgnose my car (thought i'd be saving money but i didnt)... it was s**t. It told me that i had a fault, but that was about it! Not where or what it was!

Went to see Ryan at NWP at the weekend, his dad diagnosed it (told me which sensor it was) and helped wipe aload of old codes off my ecu too. It really is worth the money paying out for a proper diagnostics IMO as thats exactly what you get!

(Thanks Ryan aswell!)