ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor replacement- EML still on?

BG 182 FF
When I got my belts changed a couple of months ago at SWR Stirling I had the EML light on my dash lit. I got the car hooked up to the computer and the fault was traced to the post cat Lambda sensor and I was advised to replace the unit. Fast forward to today and I finally managed to get the sensor replaced along with the pre cat for good measure. The sensors were Bosch items from ECP (part no. 710745575) Got them fitted and started the car up however the light has remained on. Took the car for a quick drive to see if it would clear but no such luck. Can anyone shed some light as to where to go from here?

BG 182 FF
You'll need to get the fault cleared from the system using a code reader.

I thought that might have been the case. I thought that I better check incase I had made a mistake somewhere along the line. Thanks for the quick answer though :)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Eml is self diagnosing every time you start the car, so should turn off itself.

Evo
Indeed, when I removed my cat this light obviously came on. After 6 months I replaced the cat and the light went off after several runs.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Where about in scotland are you ?

I have a code reader biased in west lothian if you need to use it