ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda sensor woes

172 Cup
Hi all!

I’ve got a 172 cup, just fitted a new K-Tec sports cat and whilst taking the old front pre-cat lambda/ O2 sensor out it got damaged. I’ve read everywhere that front and back sensors are the same. However my front one is very different

front lambda/ O2 plug
77D601C3-D1BE-4A3B-B81B-B96ECBC0E764.jpeg
BA8684F7-A04F-4CAA-B350-0E58A8E22B46.jpeg
51C6DFA3-43EB-4A5F-9CEB-908A44A00355.jpeg

anyone seen this before?

here’s the rear one for comparison

299306E2-11B6-4DC7-84D0-6440FBDF225A.jpeg
382569EF-A073-45DC-910F-C450A48F017A.jpeg

I’m going to go to Renault on Monday to see if they can supply me with the correct part, but in the meantime if anyone knows what I need. I’d be very grateful!

Thanks!

Last edited:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
As far as I know all 1*2s use the same Bosch lambda sensor, 0258006046
If you go to Renault prepare to have you pants pulled down an buttocks splayed 😮
Have you tried plugging the rear into the front to make sure the plug fits?

172 Cup
As far as I know all 1*2s use the same Bosch lambda sensor, 0258006046
If you go to Renault prepare to have you pants pulled down an buttocks splayed 😮
Have you tried plugging the rear into the front to make sure the plug fits?

Unfortunately I’m fully expecting that! 😅
The rear sensor plug is totally different from the front, I originally ordered the Bosch one linked but it doesn’t fit. Even got paranoid that someone had changed the loom plug but I’ve look down the loom and it’s OEM

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I honestly thought the only difference was a tiny difference in wore length but you can actually use either on either position.

@lemonnobby - what you sayin son?

172 Cup
I honestly thought the only difference was a tiny difference in wore length but you can actually use either on either position.

@lemonnobby - what you sayin son?

That’s exactly what I thought, Until coming to plug the new one in! Most of the major retailers list them as fitting both front and rear

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely not OEM. If you investigate there's probably a cut in the loom and this ones been spliced in.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve had a few 172s and 182s and every single one across various build years has had the same plug on both. The only one I haven’t had is a ph1 172, it’s not different on them is it?

172 Cup
Definitely not OEM. If you investigate there's probably a cut in the loom and this ones been spliced in.

Actually the more i look into this i think you're correct, It's defiantly not been spliced but i think its been re-pinned

I've found this kit on eBay, So I've ordered that. Just to work out what goes where

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's not a renault plug been repinned by the looks of it. There all the same plug as the looms are all the same in that area